NGD - 2015 Les Paul traditional Classic ABR

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
I've waited YEARS (decades?) to buy a proper Gibson Les Paul. I posted earlier this summer about a LP Studio I HAD to buy

Back to this one, talk about a confusing guitar to run into online. It took me a while to figure out what I'd bought, because I thought I was looking at a Traditional.
Actually called Les Paul Traditional Classic ABR. It was listed as a Traditional, but the specs were more like a Classic, but not that either....

Anyway, I see this special run model has been posted about in the past so I won't review all that, but what a cool guitar. Mine came with robotuner system removed but in the case with literature and standard tools.

This guitar checked so many of the boxes in my wheelhouse; 60s neck, ice tea burst, 57 Classics, and 100 % gloss - no satin. Other old school extra's all nickel hardware, ABR bridge. I'm a little burnt out on mesmerizing flametops and becoming a fan of plain tops. This guitar looks excellent to me.

I may switch out the Grovers for vintage, nickel Gotoh tuners and maybe add a treble bleed on the neck pickup. We'll see.

It just arrived this afternoon. Meeting all my expectations. It was a GREAT price. These are seller's pictures....

j3qzve3gonxsqq1wcte5.jpg

qxgbikjz4tmyj9acvbgv.jpg

g05zmfzuicpytkmxbhsg.jpg

ty7mdi7svodzlaqfxtcu.jpg
ssse05ozwfhtxck6jxox.jpg

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
That thing is perfection! That’s pretty much everything a Les Paul should be. Rock on!

Rds

Reaction score
really nice guitar. l like iced tea. traditionals and variations rock!

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Gorgeous looking and great specs. I vote for keeping the Grovers - they'll stay in tune through a natural disaster, they look badass and I think they improve tone.

Congratulations!

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Gorgeous looking and great specs. I vote for keeping the Grovers - they'll stay in tune through a natural disaster, they look badass and I think they improve tone.

Congratulations!
Jimmy Page put Grovers on his LP, that counts for something too I guess :cool:

jims98z28

Reaction score
Congrats, I have the same guitar in black. Fabulous guitar at a very reasonable price

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
Congrats, I have the same guitar in black. Fabulous guitar at a very reasonable price
Yes, great guitar and great price for mine. Mine came with an SKB, nice but used TSA case. So, along the way someone kept or made some cash on the original case. No matter to me, I would use an SKB for gigging anyway.
Seems like mine is hasn't been modded, other than I think the strap buttons are for a Schaller locking system, which I've not used before.

Nice guitar, I really like all the specs on these. Neck is very comfortable.

jims98z28

Reaction score
They're lovely guitars. Its a shame that the 2015 model year stigma will always be attached to it. It has no 2015 features other than the robo tuners which was easy enough to fix.

Latest Threads