NGD! 2015 ES-335TD '63 Reissue VOS

Slappy2x

Reaction score
Greetings MLP!

Another beauty from Rob Martyn, owner of Downtown Guitars in Doylestown PA. She's slightly reliced, which I don't normally go for....but once I played this axe and compared it to a few others in the shop, it was the clear winner for me. The feel, the tone....ohhhh, MAMA! Love her! Liking the vintage burst finish, too.....has a tobacco burst look to it. Thanks, everybody!

:cheers2:
SaveSave

bum

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, enjoy :)

GS1

Reaction score
Beautiful man! I am a recent 335 convert, I love 'em!

loneguitar

Reaction score
Congrats and HNGD I love mine and that is one sweet looking lady. Enjoy.

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
Congrats on the guitar looks great. I might be a bit bias though as I got one of these myself a few weeks ago haha :)

Slappy2x

Reaction score
Thx everyone! The relicing is pretty much isolated to the hardware and the pickguard...a light relic job. I normally buy them shiny and new, but this axe was too good to put down...so I didn't....and still haven't!!!

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
I think you may have it as it came out of the factory. I have the same one, the 63, as well as had a Warren Haynes, and a 59 ES-345 and all three get what is refered to as the VOS treatment. It makes the harware and some of the soft goods (pickguard and binding especially) look more aged and the finish is usually not gloss but more of a satin look. If you choose you can polish it, but I like the way the arm areas and the back of the neck polish up on their own.
R
btw here is the current offering from Gibson discussing the particulars:
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Memphis/1963-ES-335TD.aspx

Latest Threads