NGD! 2014 Lemonburst R8

guitarded_1

Reaction score
So after lamenting on another thread how I was having trouble tracking down a really nice R8 with a sexy top, a fellow forumite (verde) stepped in and offered to sell me a beautiful 2014 R8. My picture does not do it justice. It's a dirty lemon with a super cool and interesting top that does all sorts of crazy stuff, depending on the angle. It's 8.4 pounds and is a real dream to play.

This is only the 2nd historic I have played. I own a 2006 R7, and I'm fascinated with how different this R8 feels. My R7 neck is HUGE compared to the neck on this R8 - so this R8 neck profile is exactly the type of diversity I was seeking. The R8 is smooth, fast, and super easy to play. She resonates, stays in tune great (even tuned a half step down without a proper setup).

My goal in purchasing this was to go from having a main guitar (R7) and a backup (rotating cast of guitars that have come through my life) to having two main guitars (R7 and R8) that are both able to compete for my attention at gigs/sessions.

Custom Buckers are pretty cool - but I already have some Bare Knuckle pickups on order. I need just a little more "oomph" for the hard rock, but at low to classic rock levels of gain, these pickups sound real nice.

Back to playing...

IMG_2489_zpshjrl04x8.jpg

dwk302

Reaction score
That looks more like a Nicky than the CC24s I've seen. Nice score!

Stoj

Reaction score
That's a beauty - Congrats & HNGD :cheers:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outstanding! Congrats!

jacopo

Reaction score
Congrats!
a dirty lemon R8 is on my wishlist too...

J!

trapland

Reaction score
Good for you! I just got a 2014 lemon burst a few days ago. I did a NGD too. Lol. Dont feel bad about the pickups, sometimes you just need something different. I got a new r9 a few weeks ago and didnt like the CB too dark and hot, but I love them in my r8, I guess they vary.

Interesting about the neck. My r8 is easily the fattest historic I've ever held and I've owned 4 now and played a least 20 of r4-r0. Glad you like it. Let's see more photos!

Latest Threads