NGD - 2014 Epiphone Les Pul Traditional Pro

yiqiwan

Reaction score
I got a new guitar after lots of searching. Good second hand guitars are difficult to come by here. The one is immaculate. No chips in the paint or anything. It plays really nice and I'm super excited about it. I haven't had a guitar for a few years so it's nice to get back into playing. I wasn't feeling the color at first but now I think it's super beautiful after seeing it in person.

Thanks to everyone who posts here because I've been reading everything I can to help guide me when I was searching for a guitar.

DSC00897.jpg

yiqiwan

Reaction score
If anyone knows any simple, small things that can improve it, that would be helpful. I've put strap locks on it. I was reading about replacing the nut as an easy, small bump up as well.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
If anyone knows any simple, small things that can improve it, that would be helpful. I've put strap locks on it. I was reading about replacing the nut as an easy, small bump up as well.

That's a nice LP. Great score.

And you just mentioned the two upgrades I think are key. The nut and the strap locks.
Another quick/easy thing that MAY improve the tone for you, is adjusting the pickup height. If you like the sound you are making, no need to fiddle. However, if a particular pickup just isn't doing IT for you. Try an adjustment before anything else.

Tuners are a "nice to have" upgrade. The 14:1 tuners it comes with are fine. But after having used 18:1 tuners, I really like the extra control.

I have also replaced the wiring harness and pickups, but honestly, it wasn't needed. The stock electronics and pickups are just fine. I just got the mod-bug. I even purchased an old LP, just to take it apart and put back together with new "stuff" !

Where are you from? I'm curious why used guitars are hard to come by.

:welcome:

yiqiwan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I will read about tuners for fun while I have downtime at work.

I'm in Taiwan. The second hand market isn't very hot here. There are new guitars, but everything made nowadays is made in China and I wanted to avoid that if possible. I would love a US made guitar, but I don't have the funds for that. I was super happy to find a near mint condition Epiphone that was made in Indonesia. I have also been looking at some Japanese made Les Pauls from the 80s and 90s but they're just almost impossible to come by unless I order one from Japan.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I will read about tuners for fun while I have downtime at work.

I'm in Taiwan. The second hand market isn't very hot here. There are new guitars, but everything made nowadays is made in China and I wanted to avoid that if possible. I would love a US made guitar, but I don't have the funds for that. I was super happy to find a near mint condition Epiphone that was made in Indonesia. I have also been looking at some Japanese made Les Pauls from the 80s and 90s but they're just almost impossible to come by unless I order one from Japan.

Make sure you speck out the proper size for your replacement tuners.

I didn't know this, but I got lucky when I wanted to get replacement tuners for my LP. The guy in the guitar shop knew EXACTLY which ones to order. Mine came with the screw holes in the correct location, and the correct thickness and height of the shaft that spins with the string on it.

Gibson and Epi parts look similar, but made in USA Gibson sizes are NOT metric. Gibson tuners will be thicker and require you to bore out the hole on the head-stock to make it slightly bigger.

Custom LP's will have a longer shaft regardless.

Hope This Helps

GraphX12

Reaction score
Congratulations on a beauty! Enjoy!
I had a 2014 but sold it due to 2 issues:
1. The neck was way too thin (for me) - after some research I think mine may have been an oddity. 2. Sharp fret ends. Pick-ups were fantastic though!

Craigslist_LP_TradPro_01.jpg

Latest Threads