NGD 2014 Burny RLC-85JP

Nickel Zens

Reaction score
I have just purchased an NOS Burny Les Paul Custom . It is made in China at least I think it is (Yako Factory). It surprised me how well it is made. It is one of those guitars you know you got to have soon as you play it.
It has a Gotoh bridge, Grover tuners and FVH-2002 pickups which sound really tasty.
I have played it side by side with my 2013 Gibson with Burstbuckers and this guitar smokes the Gibson for sound and playability. The fit and finish is first class no visible seams/joins in the binding, the block markers on the fretboard are inlaid better than the Gibson too with absolutely no sign of filler. The Poly finish is not applied thick and has been buffed to a perfect finish with no polish left behind (are you listening Gibson?)
If the Chinese models are this good the MIJ ones should be sublime!!
I paid £500 I have seen this model go for more than £800 online.
To be really honest the only thing cheap on this guitar are the mini pots and caps. So with no further delay, here are the photos:

Attachments

daithesaes

Reaction score
Aren't the 85's MIJ?

I know the 55's are MIC.....I used to have one and it was a very good guitar for the money (2nd hand it cost me £200).

Nickel Zens

Reaction score
I am just guessing? Most things are made in china these days. I don't care where it is made when the quality is this good.

4Aaron GE

Reaction score
What's the serial number look like?

According to their website, some production was moved back to Japan some years back.

Nickel Zens

Reaction score
The serial is printed in white lettering on the back of the headstock FG14XXXXXX

4Aaron GE

Reaction score
Here is the serial :
I'm leaning towards it being a MIC instrument, like mine. Currently, it appears that it's the RLG-95 line that are made in Japan. I don't know what other models were built in Japan in recent years, but FG serial numbers typically indicate a MIC build.

Nickel Zens

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards it being a MIC instrument, like mine. Currently, it appears that it's the RLG-95 line that are made in Japan. I don't know what other models were built in Japan in recent years, but FG serial numbers typically indicate a MIC build.
Thanks for the info, I suspected it was, it bothers a lot of people. I know it's a good instrument. The Yako factory makes good instruments Squier CV and Gretch (so I read) are also made there no one complains about those either. :)

4Aaron GE

Reaction score
I bought mine used, so I don't know if the pickups that are in it are stock. Mine came with a set of 59 Zebras, which may or may not be stock. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Firefinger

Reaction score
FG indicates China Factory, i have 3 Fernandes Ravelle (Burny belongs to Fernandes Guitars) from the same Factory.

Got them at a Blowout Sale with Case for 229€ each.

Absolutely killer guitars, you would never believe these are China made ..

Latest Threads