NGD: 2013 Traditional in Chicago Blue

jstarr823

Reaction score
After missing out on a few Traditionals, I decided that if I'm going to buy another one, it needed to be a 2013. Hard to deny that 2013 was a standout year for the Trad. No weight relief, fatty neck, no anniversary inlay, hardwired with Orange Drops, and the TonePros Klusons with the proper button color (my absolute favorite tuners).

Got this beauty in great condition from a older guy who is essentially a collector. Even the case is spotless.

Restrung her and the setup fell perfectly into place with ease. That's always a good sign of a legit guitar. A little on the stout side at 9 lbs 9.9 ounces, but I swore that it was just under 9 before I put it on the scale. A very well balanced LP.

It's a bitch to capture the killer flame (plus top) in my poor lighting with the Chicago Blue, but it looks killer in person. Maybe some outdoor shots tomorrow. Until then...

Last edited:

integra evan

Reaction score
Very nice! Chicago Blue is stunning in person. You are right, 2013 is a standout year..2013 and 2017 are both excellent years for the Traditionals. Enjoy!

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Holy cow, that is almost identical my standard cobalt blue...wow

may be the best Chicago blue I’ve ever seen....it’s simply perfect in every way :wow:

congrats...I am so happy for you....blue lesters are a thing of absolute beauty

-Chris

Niloy63

Reaction score
Congratulations! That's a stunning lookin guitar. From what I'm reading, I have to check out a Chicago Blue in person some time ASAP!

anorton

Reaction score
Killer guitar! Yeah, that blue is to die for. Congratulations and happy NGD!

integra evan

Reaction score
Congratulations! That's a stunning lookin guitar. From what I'm reading, I have to check out a Chicago Blue in person some time ASAP!
Yeah Chicago blue has to be seen in person to really capture how stunning of a color it is. Its deep, it has a pearl effect going on, very nice color.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Yeah Chicago blue has to be seen in person to really capture how stunning of a color it is. Its deep, it has a pearl effect going on, very nice color.
That sounds pretty awesome. I'll be on the hunt this next weekend at all the cool guitar stores in town and see if anyone has one.

RocketKing

Reaction score
Happy NGD buddy!
The very first Traditional that I actually tried was a 2013 Chicago blue just like that one! I remember as if it were yesterday. I was kind of worried I wasn't going to like the neck with the negative internet banter but I really liked it! I got my own Traditional about 6 months later :cool2:

RocketKing

Reaction score
That sounds pretty awesome. I'll be on the hunt this next weekend at all the cool guitar stores in town and see if anyone has one.
Yeah it is a nice color in person. I really liked that ocean blue finish that was available on the 2014 model.
If I hadn't absolutely wanted a cherry Sunburst Les Paul I would have got one of those.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
I kinda like blue guitars and I also like Lesters in some of the less commonly seen colours — and this one’s a beauty — so a big thumbs-up from me!
:thumb:

HNGD!
:applause:

Niloy63

Reaction score
Yeah it is a nice color in person. I really liked that ocean blue finish that was available on the 2014 model.
If I hadn't absolutely wanted a cherry Sunburst Les Paul I would have got one of those.
I remember the Ocean Blue. It was an awesome finish! Been a while since I've seen one though.

519tbarr

Reaction score
After missing out on a few Traditionals, I decided that if I'm going to buy another one, it needed to be a 2013. Hard to deny that 2013 was a standout year for the Trad. No weight relief, fatty neck, no anniversary inlay, hardwired with Orange Drops, and the TonePros Klusons with the proper button color (my absolute favorite tuners).

Got this beauty in great condition from a older guy who is essentially a collector. Even the case is spotless.

Restrung her and the setup fell perfectly into place with ease. That's always a good sign of a legit guitar. A little on the stout side at 9 lbs 9.9 ounces, but I swore that it was just under 9 before I put it on the scale. A very well balanced LP.

It's a bitch to capture the killer flame (plus top) in my poor lighting with the Chicago Blue, but it looks killer in person. Maybe some outdoor shots tomorrow. Until then...

One of my favourite traditionals of all time the 2013 & 2014 versions and Chicago Blue was a special colour!