NGD 2013 Standard

HJR

Reaction score
Hello all, so as I mentioned in the investigative threads, I took the plunged. Before with get to the pics, I really want to thank all the help on the previous threads, such great info from everyone. It was very much appreciated. There is a great crew in this forum.

So here it is in my front yard!

oachs83

Reaction score
Great looking guitar, glad you found one. Did it come with the COA? Is that a double A Standard? Or was the pick guard added on later?

HJR

Reaction score
Great looking guitar, glad you found one. Did it come with the COA? Is that a double A Standard? Or was the pick guard added on later?

Thanks! No COA, but Gibson confirmed for me the serial was for a 2013 LP Standard in Desert Burst with a AA top.

HJR

Reaction score

Oh and thanks for the help with that Sig T.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did good, nice score:thumb:

I was a skeptic when i bought my 2013 standard new, being a Historic kind of guy, but i played it and had to have it.

I still have it and it's a awesome player, i hope you enjoy yours:cheers:

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice :thumb:

Congrats and HNGD :applause:

HJR

Reaction score
You did good, nice score:thumb:

I was a skeptic when i bought my 2013 standard new, being a Historic kind of guy, but i played it and had to have it.

I still have it and it's a awesome player, i hope you enjoy yours:cheers:

Thanks! I'd love a historic or reissue, but not in the family budget right now. The 2013s really jumped out at me as being a prime year for the standards. From what I read, as I haven't owned any year before, the 2013s are a nice combination of the quality improvements Gibson has been making but without the 2012 two piece fret board, 2014 flag inlay, 2015 changes, 2016 short tenon. Seems to be closest of the recent batch to an old school Les Paul, so that may be why it speaks to you.

Liquid State

Reaction score
thats a very nice guitar - congrats. 2013 standards are a good year for what was, and was not included.

Latest Threads