NGD! : 2013 R9 VOS Iced Tea

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi,

The NGD was actually Tuesday, but it's been busy. I felt like it was time to finally step up to an R9 after owning an excellent G0 for the past 5 years (sold to forum member Trevor on this forum :wave:). I was looking around at various options (HOG, Dave's, MGL etc.), when I spotted an amazing R9 on this very forum classifieds, for a great price (Thanks gkelm!). After a couple of enjoyable conversations on the phone to work out details, it arrived this past Tuesday, and I'm in love! Great color and vintage-y top, and the neck is to die for. There is nothing about this guitar I don't love. I want to send out a shout-out to everyone on the forum who assisted me, either by bumping my for-sale thread, or providing advice otherwise....much appreciated...and especially to Trevor and gkelm for great, easy transactions. Without further ado, a few pics, actually taken by gkelm in the sales thread as he is a far better photographer than I'll ever be. The final pic is one I took after it's arrival:

djjagdish

Reaction score
Thanks for snapping that one up, otherwise my bank account may have taken an unnecessary beating - long may you enjoy this stunner!!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks really nice. Sunrise tea burst? Congrats!

EDIT: just re-read the title and see it's Iced Tea. :doh:

KS 5150

Reaction score
That looks really nice. Sunrise tea burst? Congrats!

EDIT: just re-read the title and see it's Iced Tea. :doh:
As far as I know, it's Iced Tea, but it does look like Sunrise Tea as well. It sort of reminds me of my old Light Burst Standard, which I'm happy with :thumb:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, it's Iced Tea, but it does look like Sunrise Tea as well. It sort of reminds me of my old Light Burst Standard, which I'm happy with :thumb:
Whatever it is, it works. :thumbs:

bblooz

Reaction score
Congrats on your NHGD!

BTW - how's the neck on your '89 LPC? My '82 is a little fuller that the typical '60s slim taper on many production LPs, just didn't know if all '80s LPCs were the same.

KS 5150

Reaction score
Congrats on your NHGD!

BTW - how's the neck on your '89 LPC? My '82 is a little fuller that the typical '60s slim taper on many production LPs, just didn't know if all '80s LPCs were the same.
Thanks! I find the neck pretty thin. To me, it's skinnier than the G0 I just sold. Kind of similar to the 2007 Classic that was my first proper Les Paul. Hope this helps!

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
How exciting!

Long may you enjoy :thumb:

THDNUT

Reaction score
Now you're a member of the elite club of R9 owners. Most guitarists can only dream about owning such a fine instrument.

Congrats, it's beautimus!

GazzaBloom

Reaction score
What a beauty! Love the flame, not pinstripey or too uniform, looks like real fire!

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
Now you're a member of the elite club of R9 owners. Most guitarists can only dream about owning such a fine instrument.

Congrats, it's beautimus!
The only thing more elite about being an R9 owner is top wrapping it with pick guard off - that's when you're taught the secret hand shake.... :D

But seriously, for those of us with R9s in our stables, it's pretty damn awesome :thumb:

KS 5150

Reaction score
X–Ray;7908755 said:
The only thing more elite about being an R9 owner is top wrapping it with pick guard off - that's when you're taught the secret hand shake.... :D

But seriously, for those of us with R9s in our stables, it's pretty damn awesome :thumb:
So THAT's what you have to do to learn the secret hand shake!! Thanks :thumb:

Zakmichael

Reaction score
Congrats! That's a beauty! I like the wild irregular tops because they always look different.

Sct13

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice top ...Congrats

Latest Threads