V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beautiful, conga-rats!

FlameTop

Reaction score
Sånglöf;5186388 said:
Wow!

Any photo-tips?

Thanks for the compliment. The shots were taken with a good quality DSLR camera (a Canon 7D) and were just using its 'auto' setting. It was late afternoon (as you can see from the angle of the shadows) so the sunlight was not too strong and had that early evening 'glow'. Don't take shots at noon as the sun is usually too harsh. Then it's just getting the normal beauty angle that tends to show off he maple figure. About 45 degrees off the side axis of he body seems best for me.

The raw files were then dumped into Adobe Lightroom. Cropped. The exposure was tweaked down a little and the red luminance and saturation pulled down a bit. Digital cameras always accentuate the red of the burst a bit too much. Then just exported at a fairly high jpg quality.

ACELUEK

ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Congrats

TC Don

Reaction score
Yikes, beautiful! Is the UK full of cool gear? Guessing so. Cheers!

Markie A

Reaction score
Nice.............. Gibby is putting out some great tops in 2013!

1959lespaul

Reaction score
That top is absolutely hypnotizing! I was staring at it for a long time before I realized that I was staring at it for a long time! Congrats on a great guitar.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Schnikes!

Nice! :thumb:

aidb

Reaction score
Simply beautiful. Lot's of things going on with that top. I imaging you could stare at it for quite a while, and still see something new. :D

As much as I love flame, would it be possible for you to post a pic sans flame? Just normal light from the front kinda thing. :fingersx:

I love the "now you see it, now you don't" characteristics of the original & vintage LP's, you see.

I'm wondering if the 2013 batch capture this feature. :hmm:

FlameTop

Reaction score
As much as I love flame, would it be possible for you to post a pic sans flame? Just normal light from the front kinda thing. :fingersx:

This is the only frontal shot I got during our English summer (the one week when the sun shined :) )

R9LP13-1-2.jpg

Latest Threads