NGD: 2013 R9 Iced Tea - my first historic

alexvdl

Reaction score
This afternoon I compared my R9 with a CC2 Goldie and a 2011 GO aged... all very very nice guitars. I couldn't pick one as a favorite to be honest, all three sound similar but have their own character. I love mine to death though :naughty:

Here is a pic of all the guitars we compared today. From left to right: 2007 Les Paul standard faded, 2011 Les Paul GO aged and custom electronics, Zwier Custom LP 5% bigger 3 Peter Florance Voodoo pu's, CC2 Goldie, 2013 Les Paul R9 (mine):

Next to the goldie:

I've been playing the crap out of her the last two weeks. I restrung her twice already.... can't put her down. Best (and the most) money I ever spent on a guitar :dude:

Last edited:

Tributefan58

Reaction score
It's stunning, really like 'tiger jungle flame', very exotic'ish! My flame top is much more even (R9, 2008). But I' m in love with, best guitar I ever bought

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 42

jacopo

Reaction score
The "next to the goldie picture" looks spectacular.... The colour really looks like mine.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok, spill....how much?

alexvdl

Reaction score
I'm happy with my new purchase, best guitar I ever bought. I have played her every day since I got her! I'm selling a few others to buy a 2nd historic... a 2013 goldtop :naughty:

I got the historic flu.....:D

Last edited:

alexvdl

Reaction score
Some more crappy cellphone pix... can't stop trying to capture the peekaboo flame :naughty: Most of the time the guitar looks like a lightly flamed plaintop, but then a ray of sunlight hits the top and it's like inferno :wow:

I also love the top carve, especially the part between the pickups going to the toggle switch. Very convincing vintage looking imo. Oh yeah, my cellphone seems to make the guitar look more like a tangerine burst most of the time. It's hard to capture the ice tea.

Some gut shots:

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
beautiful.

That effect is called "Chatoyancy" I like you burst :thumb:

jamman

Reaction score
HNGD , She's a beauty . I won't write you to playthehelloutofher , because you are already . :lol:

:thumb:

alexvdl

Reaction score
Had a gig last week. Here's the solo for Tornado of Souls (Megadeth). I screwed it up a bit but what the heck :fingersx:

Btw, this R9 kicks ass... can't stop playing her!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikN4B6stwE[/ame]

demillso

Reaction score
Nice! And strange that this just popped up again today. i just picked up my new '56 last night and its serial number is 6 3050. Cool.

Latest Threads