NGD 2012 CR8

bungle

Reaction score
Nice guitar! These are crazy light. Gotta say the pic with the nut removed looks 2 piece. Theres a definite straight line 3/5ths of the way from the surface when you blow it up? :dunno:

Reaction score
Nice guitar! These are crazy light. Gotta say the pic with the nut removed looks 2 piece. Theres a definite straight line 3/5ths of the way from the surface when you blow it up? :dunno:
Here's a clearer pic (above). It does look like that.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome Chambered R8...love the top.

Yes,... this is what the bi-layered fretboard is.... a thicker piece over a thinner piece.... a great pic of that.

I have a 2012 R9 and I don’t sweat the 2 piece board at all.
pictures from phone 1002.JPG

Last edited:

buckwild

Reaction score
the inlays are a tell tale sign, if they are the older swirly material it's prob a one piece board. When they switched to the cellulose style in 2012 it went to the lam boards.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2007 ....shoulda kept it.....But I was in a terrible band at the time and it generated bad memories of shitty people.....funny how that works....

So I'll get another soon...

Nice guitar and enjoy with good people....

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it looks like a two piece but look at the end grain of the top piece of rosewood, it looks almost like ebony. Congrats OP. Nice looking LP.

I'm not one of those people who cares about the two piece fingerboard corksniffery. If the guitar is a good one, who cares?

Reaction score
Yes it looks like a two piece but look at the end grain of the top piece of rosewood, it looks almost like ebony. Congrats OP. Nice looking LP.

I'm not one of those people who cares about the two piece fingerboard corksniffery. If the guitar is a good one, who cares?
I meant to ask, is your dog a rescue or pure bred?

Latest Threads