NGD - 2011 LP Special?

Tanqueray

Reaction score
I picked this beauty up at a local shop, but I'm not entirely certain as to what the model is. It looks like an LP Special, but it's got binding on the neck and the headstock text says "Les Paul Model" instead of "Les Paul Special" like the other specials that I've seen.

It plays and sounds great whatever it is.

Babylon

Reaction score
For a second there, I thought you were talking about your avatar. :naughty: HNGD! I really like the color and the neck binding, and I'm sure those P90s rock. Looks to be a Les Paul Junior Special.

Pwrmac7600

Premium Member
Reaction score
That is indeed a LP special, and A nice one at that!
it seems to be join around...

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Lovely, congrats! I really like the LP Specials from that era. Perhaps it's not so traditional, but I like the neck binding and the tune-o-matic bridge/tailpiece over the wraparound.

Liquid State

Reaction score
I have one. The model that year was listed as an Les Paul Junior Special P90. There was some discussion back then as to why the "jr" was thrown into the name being that it came with the 2 pups and the neck binding and nibs. I just call it a Special. It is what it is. Mine "is" extremely hard to put down once picked up.....

also, some (not all) came with a TRC that says "Special" in Gibson script. Mine came that way, but have seen them with and without.

Congrats and HNGD - I think you will enjoy it

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice! I love my Jr Special!

73Fender

Reaction score
Congrats, very nice I love these.

I found a 2011 P90 Special also from 2011 with an ebony board..special run for Musicians Friend I believe. Gibson called it a LP Jr Special Exclusive . No binding though, found it on CL.

Latest Threads