NGD - 2011 Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I am picking this guitar up tomorrow, since I wanted a P90 workhorse rock machine and this one fits the bill. I am not sure what to think about this upgraded wiring though, does anyone know what these capacitors are and what I can expect from this wiring setup?

NewWiring.jpg
NewWiringCapacitors.jpg

endial

Reaction score
Looks like modern wiring with a treble bleed
First thing I thought, too. Somebody appears to know what they were doing (it's nicely done). I'd give it a good run through before you fret about changing it.

Edit: -And we will need pics of the full guitar after you get it. House rules.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I can't wait to get it and of course will post some pictures.

endial

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I can't wait to get it and of course will post some pictures.
Hah! You've been here over ten years. You know the rules! That's what I get for commenting at 2:00 am.

:yesway:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Definitely not Excellent Condition like was stated, showing a little bit of wear and tear but still not bad at all. I like it a lot. This will definitely be getting some stickers on it in the next week or so, my punk rock beater.
lptribute1.jpg
lptribute2.jpg
lptribute3.jpg
lptribute4.jpg
lptribute5.jpg
lptribute6.jpg

pondcaster

Reaction score
Fwiw, I had a '10 50s tribute that looked exactly like that one except it had a transparent control cover. Same wiring & spragues iirc.

Those models were "factory aged" or slightly relic'd, the worn area on back of neck was a dead giveaway. Same on the few I saw. Light and very nice player, I actually really liked the stock pickups. Should have kept it but traded in with an older pro Jr for a Flea bass so no worries.

Nice LP, congrats! Enjoy in good health for many years to come.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Ok... It turns out that the Antiquity II pickups are not potted, just like the originals. So... they are very microphonic, just something I have to learn to live with. The guitar does sound great though, and it plays wonderfully, so easy to move around and chord anywhere in perfect intonation. Even with my heavy fingers on the first 3 frets, I chord like a champ and it sounds great. The sustain is good, the punch is nice, wow... I love this guitar. It is not as light as my Les Paul Modern, but it is lighter than my Les Paul Studio HP. It is definitely a total rock machine for sure!

The Antiquity II Pickups have an aged look to them, so the guitar looks awesome and I just love it with the stickers. I will add more stickers as I find some along the way of this guitars journey in my life.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Those models were "factory aged" or slightly relic'd, the worn area on back of neck was a dead giveaway. Same on the few I saw. Light and very nice player, I actually really liked the stock pickups. Should have kept it but traded in with an older pro Jr for a Flea bass so no worries.

Nice LP, congrats! Enjoy in good health for many years to come.
Thanks for the info, so I guess the guitar really is in excellent condition, since it came with the slightly aged look. The guy said he just had it hanging on the wall for like 10 years.

Latest Threads