NGD 2010 CR8

alexvdl

Reaction score
This weekend I bought my first chambered reissue... oh man, all the stories are true!

It's a barely used 2010 CR8 in sunset fade and it weighs in at just 6.5 lbs (2,95 kg)!!

The neck is chunky but very comfy, I prefer it over my 2013 R9 en 2019 CME R8 (Carmelita neck carve). The weight is unbelievable... it's a dream for my weak shoulder. My R9 weighs 3,8 kg and my R8 is 3,7 kg which is still light for a Les Paul, but man the CR8 is like a feather.

Soundwise it's a different thing compared to my R8 and R9. Unplugged it's very loud and articulate and plugged in it sounds full, bright but not harsh, also very articulate and it sustains for ages! It has less punch than my solid bodies though and less deep low end. I can't describe the sound, because it still sounds like a fat Les Paul but more airy and woody.

Great to have a Les Paul that sounds different, but still very versatile. To my ears it does not sound like an ES, but I can understand why people compare the sound to an ES.

This one is a keeper for sure! Here's some pictures. Will shoot better ones in de sun soon. Btw, I replaced the knobs with reflectors, so that I have an R8, R9 and R0 haha.

Attachments

DanD

Reaction score
That's a great looking CR!

Happy NGCRD!

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea should have kept my 2007 … nice guitar you got there!

Latest Threads