NGD - 2006 G0 / R0 1960 Reissue

jamman

Reaction score
HNGD ,Welcome to the R0 club .You got a Beauty . Now you know what R0 neck lovers have raving about all along . IMO , Still the best neck Gibson makes .:wow:

:naughty:

glorioso

Reaction score
Beautiful color and grain. What year? I'd guess '04 or '05.

2006 but I will need to add bumblebees and frankly, I don't like the pickups, so those will be exchanged as well. i'll post some after pics when she's all done.

glorioso

Reaction score
HNGD ,Welcome to the R0 club .You got a Beauty . Now you know what R0 neck lovers have raving about all along . IMO , Still the best neck Gibson makes .:wow:

:naughty:

Of the 5 LP's that I have owned, this is by far the best neck. I am hooked now and want to replace my standards (that I love) with more R0/G0's. It's an expensive endeavor so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

All the rave about R9's are great, I am sure, but this 1960 neck is fantastic. Now I know why Jimmy shaved his '59 down so much. he basically made a 1960 neck (maybe even thinner).

jamman

Reaction score
He didn't shave the neck of the '59, BTW. Joe Walsh bought it in Nashville ,after a customer had it done and never went back to claim or pay for the work . Joe then bought it (I'm guessing here as a sale item to pay for the work , a mechanics lean type deal ) and the rest is history. Remember LP's were not a wanted or prized guitar in those days and relatively cheap to buy. That's the story I remember reading .

Anyway, good you've found why so many of us love the 60's necks . Depends on each preferences and hands . Having 1 great guitar is better then having 10 So-So guitars you don't enjoy playing . At some point those get gone, anyway . Now you know what to look for and in time you can hone in further what shape and thickness of 60's neck you like even more .:thumb:

glorioso

Reaction score
He didn't shave the neck of the '59, BTW. Joe Walsh bought it in Nashville ,after a customer had it done and never went back to claim or pay for the work . Joe then bought it (I'm guessing here as a sale item to pay for the work , a mechanics lean type deal ) and the rest is history. Remember LP's were not a wanted or prized guitar in those days and relatively cheap to buy. That's the story I remember reading .

Anyway, good you've found why so many of us love the 60's necks . Depends on each preferences and hands . Having 1 great guitar is better then having 10 So-So guitars you don't enjoy playing . At some point those get gone, anyway . Now you know what to look for and in time you can hone in further what shape and thickness of 60's neck you like even more .:thumb:

Yes, I stand corrected and knew that. Just making the point that he never looked back and his #2 was set up similar and also a '59...I believe.

Jimmi

Reaction score

Are you sure about the history of the Page number 1? It was shaved at Lays in Akron (near Cleveland) where Joe is from originally. Shop still there today run by Dan Shin.

glorioso

Reaction score
I bought another one today! I love these guitars...

I'll post pics in a separate post but here's one if anyone is still looking...

Jimmi

Reaction score
Your bridge is portably more functional turned that way but the traditional orientation is with the screw heads on the saddles toward the neck

Latest Threads