NGD: 2005 Standard in GECKO BURST!

ZackTheBassist

Reaction score
20220126_171513.jpg

Easily one of my favorite LP colors ever...however, I know that A LOT of people hate it. Barf Burst, Slime Burst, TMNT Burst...all make me like it even more. Looks even better in person. Really excited to add this to my collection. Let me know your opinions, good or bad!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is really cool..
screams for gold hardware…but I’m obsessed with gold

that is a very interesting, very unique finish…I would love to own it
very happy for you…
nothing is so awesome as having a special color run from Gibson…they have painters on staff who are supremely talented at fades….
hngd :h5:

-chris

ZackTheBassist

Reaction score
That is really cool..
screams for gold hardware…but I’m obsessed with gold

that is a very interesting, very unique finish…I would love to own it
very happy for you…
nothing is so awesome as having a special color run from Gibson…they have painters on staff who are supremely talented at fades….
hngd :h5:

-chris
I think the gold would look awesome on it, too. Might swap it out, but I'll keep all of the original handy.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
I like it, and it is really interesting seeing finishes that I did not existed. Was this just a regular "limited run" or is there more backstory than that?

ZackTheBassist

Reaction score
I like it, and it is really interesting seeing finishes that I did not existed. Was this just a regular "limited run" or is there more backstory than that?
I really wish that I knew more; I believe this was available on standards from 2004-2006, but I am not sure.

smk506

Reaction score
That was just a standard color they offered for a little while. The same time they had that vanilla mocha latte burst or whatever it was called iirc.

I like the gecko bursts, there’s a lot of variation to them too, some have some wild tops, some have a more solid pigment to the colors and others fade into each other like a typical burst on acid.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Pretty cool! I don’t love gecko burst on it’s own but I can appreciate it for it’s character and uniqueness. Def a cool rare find.

Last edited:

Latest Threads