NGD 2005 Standard Faded, with some ?

HCRoadie

Reaction score
I was very excited to get get this one. I have been looking for some time for a unique specimen of the Faded variety. I also would like to thank all the collective knowledge here at MLP for helping me gain the insight to make a good and solid purchase. However, I have some questions...
First of all the pictures from the listing are way better than what I took in my poorly lit guitar room.
And then at her new home
I guess it is a Tobacco Burst?
What do you make of the tail piece with no markings?
The bridge has a PW on the bottom. What is that?
My understanding was that the 2005 StandFade came with Burstbuckers. The neck PU is obviously not that. What model SeyDunc is it?
And what is the Bridge PU?
They sound great, to me. Good lower mids, not too much bit. I like a mellower tone. My concern is that there was no mention of "non-original Pickups" in the listing. How far should I "explore" that?
Also the case has an interesting handle on it
The guitar plays great. Slim and flat, almost shredder style neck, if Gibson were to carve one. I guess that is a '60's neck? I have not put it on a scale but the weight feels good. The play ware and dings are acceptable. It is a great sounding and solid guitar, which is all that should matter. But the pick up thing does bug me, especially for what I paid. The strange handle on the case not so much. I will practice some more and try to get some audio clips up, and try not to embarrass myself in the process. Thanks again everyone for edifying me in the ways of the Les Paul.

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Well it seems if I just google some sh!t I can find out that the neck PU is an Alnico II Pro BRIDGE pickUp. And that the bridge is a Seymour Duncan custom shop pickup. great. I need to message the seller about a few things

jktxs

Reaction score
That's a nice top.
The Duncan custom shop '78 is supposed to be a really nice VH pickup. Congrats!

HCRoadie

Reaction score
That's a nice top.
The Duncan custom shop '78 is supposed to be a really nice VH pickup. Congrats!
Thanks, By VH do you mean Van Halen? The seller worked things out to my satisfaction. I will be looking for some Burstbuckers now. Over all I am very happy with this find

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a freaking cool guitar...

The top in between the pups is bananas awesome...

-Chris

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
LESPAUL STANDARD FADED SERIES Manufactured in: Nashville, TN

BODY Top Species: Carved AA maple Back Species: Mahogany Binding: Single-ply top

NECK Species: Mahogany Profile: ’50s rounded or ’60s slim taper Peghead Pitch: 17° Thickness at 1st fret: 0.818" Thickness at 12th fret: 0.963" Neck Joint Location: 16th fret

FINGERBOARD Species: Rosewood Scale length: 24.75" Total Length: 18.137" Nut Width: 11.0625" Width at 12th fret: 2.062" Frets: 22 Inlays: Figured trapezoid Binding: Single-ply

FINISH Hand-rubbed satin finish Available Colors: Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Honey Burst, Tobacco Burst

HARDWARE Plating Finish: Nickel Bridge: Tune-o-matic Tailpiece: Stopbar Knobs: Gold top hat Tuners: Green keys

ELECTRONICS Pickups: Two Zebra-coil BurstBucker Pros Controls: Two Volume, two Tone, three-way switch

CASE Exterior: Black reptile pattern hardshell Interior: Dark Grey plush with Black shroud Silkscreen: Silver “Gibson USA” logo

STRINGS
Brite Wires .010-.046

OTHER
Available left-handed

Latest Threads