NGD 2005 Eric Clapton Crossroads 335

Tomburst

Reaction score
Love it. Grovers look great on 335s too. Perfect for jamming out some cream stuff. Skinny neck I imagine?

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love it. Grovers look great on 335s too. Perfect for jamming out some cream stuff. Skinny neck I imagine?
Pretty close to the 63 reissue I had from 2015. On the slimmer side yes.

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wow----those crossroads 335s are definitely some of the coolest reproductions of iconic historic instruments ever----congrats on this amazing guitar @Crotch !
and a great addition to that awesome slowhand-themed Collection of yours.
wouldn´t mind even more pics ;)

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
For someone claiming to not care for LP's there sure are a few strapped up in the rack in the next to last!....just sayin ;-)
All of those are now gone. :(

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool deal congrats on snagging one. I too think 'Red' when I think EC. Curious did TM do the aging on these?

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think TM was involved. There's no documentation of it on the COA's

I haven't watched this video in years but may again

Dick Banks

Reaction score
Not sure if this should go here or the other Gibson section but I post here so I chose here.

I've been wanting one of these for about 10 years but had a price in mind I was willing to pay and not a penny more. With my waning interest in the Les Paul and rising interest in Strats and 335s I managed to work out a sale with a store in the UK that couldn't have been easier to work with. Shipping was 3 days to Wisconsin. Pretty amazing as I've gotten stuff slower from stores within a 50 mile radius to me.

The guitar was bought by a collector in the UK and kept, basically unplayed. In fact the original strings are on it still. The person traded it on a vintage piece and now it's in the states. It's number 214 of 250. I believe the last 75 went to the UK. The sticker in the F Hole is actually signed by Clapton. To me, this is the sound of Clapton and he is my guitar idol even at 40 years old. I'm not embarrassed to say it. I think his guitars he puts his name on are some of the best. From the regular USA Strat to the Martin acoustic and everything in between, I haven't played a bad one.

Not much for pictures right now cause it's dark and snowy, so basement only. More pics and tone report to follow another day. Strings need changing cause I bought it to play. I just love the case, as dumb as that sounds. Can't help but feel a little guilty I supported guitar center in some way, lol.

Here's EC 214

View attachment 295625
View attachment 295626

View attachment 295627
View attachment 295628
View attachment 295629
View attachment 295630
View attachment 295631
View attachment 295632
View attachment 295633
View attachment 295634
View attachment 295635
View attachment 295636
Man, that third picture from the bottom... That's what life is ALL ABOUT...
Happy NGD! :applause:

mdubya

Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats! :applause: :dude:

Do you have a Firebird I and a '64 SG on your list, too? :hmm:

^^^ I would love to see that!

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats! :applause: :dude:

Do you have a Firebird I and a '64 SG on your list, too? :hmm:

^^^ I would love to see that!
I had a trade in the works for a Firebird 1 Reissue but did not come to fruition. I'll grab one sooner or later. I'm not an SG guy so won't be making that leap.

Blue Blood

Reaction score
I'm not a relic guy personally, but its always neat to see an artist collector find that perfect piece. Love 335's though.
Congrats!

jlb32

Reaction score
Looks great Crotch! How does it compare to the Dave Grohl playwise. I know my gold Grohl has a awesome sized neck. One of my favorites. Not skinny but not overly fat either.

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks great Crotch! How does it compare to the Dave Grohl playwise. I know my gold Grohl has a awesome sized neck. One of my favorites. Not skinny but not overly fat either.
Skinnier neck than the grohl. I haven't had enough play time on it for an accurate comparison. I still need to change out the strings. Haven't had a chance.

Farquad

Reaction score
That's awesome Crotch. Congrats!
Sweet EC collection. Have you sought out a "Fool" SG yet?

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's awesome Crotch. Congrats!
Sweet EC collection. Have you sought out a "Fool" SG yet?
There is really no such thing except for some overpriced homeade ones, which are nice don't get me wrong. But not 3K nice.

goodvibes

Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! I love the case too. I've always loved the sound of the 335 but I just thought that I would not like the large body. Well, I recently bought an old lawsuit era es335 copy must to see if I would bond with it. It is fast becoming my favorite!

DanD

Reaction score
I'd be hunting a Clapton chopped Explorer. That's the one model I regret not purchasing when the original run was being discounted. I ran across a few in the $2500-$2700 range and now I don't see them come up for sale. :facepalm:

jon Brook

Reaction score
fab Guitar ..was it Guitar Village you bought it from by any chance?

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be hunting a Clapton chopped Explorer. That's the one model I regret not purchasing when the original run was being discounted. I ran across a few in the $2500-$2700 range and now I don't see them come up for sale. :facepalm:
I was under the assumption they only made 25 of those. Probably impossible to find now. And whatever the price would be now would be crazy I bet