NGD: 2005 Edwards E-JR-100LT/DC (Les Paul TV Yellow double-cut Junior)

mono

Reaction score
This arrived this morning from a nice chap in Ireland. I had paid for the case to be shipped to him and then he shipped the guitar to me in the case. All in, it cost me £750 ($960) which felt like a lot at the time but now I've had a chance to play it is an absolute steal.

I've owned a vintage cherry '59 double-cut junior before and this basically gets you >95% of the way there, at about 20% of the cost, which is insane.

The guitar is feather-light. 2.66kg which is 5lbs and 13oz. Ridiculous. It's also a 1-piece body which is nice.

Mods made prior to me buying it:
(correct) Gibson decals applied - it's nicely done and doesn't bother me. Serial number indicates definite Edwards.
Ridiculous Johnny Thunders-type sticker of virgin Mary on the pickguard (instantly removed!)
High quality reproduction tortoise-shell guard
pickup upgraded to a Gibson P90
eletronics look like CTS pots with a nice PIO cap

The construction and fretwork are incredible. The tenon is so tight it is basically invisible and the thing resonates like nobodies business.
The finish is an almost vintage-correct TV yellow finish, with a very thin nitro coat on top. Looks and feels the business.
The neck is a great shouldered '59 profile and feels full in the hand without giving it too much of a workout.

While researching this model, they basically stopped production sometime around 2015/16 from what I can tell. There are none for sale anywhere in any of the usual haunts (YJ, Digimart, eBay, Reverb) which doesn't surprise me at all. I had a feeling this would kick my LS-80 out of bed as it wasn't making sense to keep it financially, and I think I might be right!

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
Excellent find! I probably would have left the ridiculous sticker on for a little while while I rocked Thunders tunes into the night. But it would have eventually come off.

These Edwards Juniors are fantastic, light, resonant and powerful. Mine, also from 2005, is the Keith Richards relic model which may turn some people off. But I love it.

mono

Reaction score
Ok. I've changed strings, oiled and darkened the board, set the action and played this thing hard for a few weeks now.

It is killer.

What tone CAN'T you get out a single p90 with 1x volume and 1x tone control?! It forces me to be dynamic and look for what I want to hear. Everyone should try a junior and see what they are missing!

Last edited:

Lumi71

Reaction score
I was lucky to find one for a decent price ondigimart recently.
Still stored in Japan but excited to get it....

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I have 2 D\C jrs. One from Tokai and one from Bacchus. They have similar specs... I have to give the edge to the Bacchus. Ive never had an Edwards but i have heard they make an exceptional product across the board, especially the jrs.

Congrats

Latest Threads