NGD: 2004 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe

Reaction score
Holy moly! So recently I had to sell off part of my collection to buy a "holy grail" amplifier. Part of the sell off included my Custom Shop R8. Once it was gone, and the amp was acquired, I really wanted a Les Paul (for me!) again. I state for me because my wife took "her" ebony one and put a lot of hot pink on it - pickguard, poker chiip, knobs...... so while I have been playing it, I wanted one. I told the wife I wanted to keep it cheap because of the amp purchase, and tried to find a studio/tribute. Well, this fell into my lap for $1300 - and it was quite easy to say "YES!"

I bought it literally sight unseen, just heard it was available, bought it - and got it - and this was it.

This is my first time playign a deluxe and it is quite an incredible guitar. The minibuckers in this, I don't know if they're stock or aftermarket, but man do they roar. I love it - and for $1300 - I love it even more! It even has a little flame to it!

k8ebHAth.jpg

RBkg96ah.jpg

INR7Sn7h.jpg

jfnkq7Zh.jpg

57q2pIDh.jpg

DkAZL7Th.jpg

ue8MDN6h.jpg

I4KxX4Mh.jpg

Unfortunately - I also bought a 1998 Standard today........ :)

Last edited:

jbash

Reaction score
Ahhh yes....commented on your amp over at the MF.

You are having a very good week for gear, Congrats!

Your Deluxe looks very similar to my 2004 model I had. But that has Seymour Duncan minis in it- if you pull them and gets some pics of the bottom we can probably interpret the sticker codes for you.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
id be on a WHO bender for the next 72 straight hours..

that thing is so effing cool

very happy for you :drool:

im always covetous of deluxes as I don’t own one
youre A lucky man :h5:

-chris

StubbyJ

Reaction score
$1300! Dewed, you stole that. I had one just like in 2006 and paid same amount. Wish I still had it.

SNick

Reaction score
You are one very fortunate person. Congratulations.

JMP

Reaction score
That Deluxe is amazing! And you practically stole it sir.

Deftone

Reaction score
Cool amp, cool guitar, HNGD! Nice score.

gball

Reaction score
Man, you scored one of my dream/grail guitars there. I've been looking for one that clean, in that finish, for a while now. Lucky man.

Latest Threads