NGD 2003 R0 Stinger Brazilian fret board

Big Red

Reaction score
Congrats John, judging by the clip and your pics I think this Stinger Series R0 should definitely be one of your keepers. I hope you agree once the honeymoon period is over. This one's got it all, although I think it needs at least one pickup cover on, a pickguard, and a Lifton case. But that's just me, I'm almost always a cover on/guard on guy. Apart from that, perfect! :applause:

GreenTea

Reaction score
I have a MM '03 R8RI. Yours is just gorgeous and I can pretty much imagine how she plays. Wow.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
How long would one have to stalk you before you'd give up your Braz. Murphy? :hmm: I've got time on my hands, and it would give me a chance to save up!

And off-topic (sorry John) I can't wait for news of your '56 Goldtop, I assume it's still with DJ.

Considering what Frank got in return for this Stinger, I seriously doubt he will be giving up the Braz Murphy because now he has more reason to keep it! I will let Frank comment on that....

JPP373

Reaction score
There is also another person on here who has a MM 03 58Ri..

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats John, judging by the clip and your pics I think this Stinger Series R0 should definitely be one of your keepers. I hope you agree once the honeymoon period is over. This one's got it all, although I think it needs at least one pickup cover on, a pickguard, and a Lifton case. But that's just me, I'm almost always a cover on/guard on guy. Apart from that, perfect! :applause:

Since it hasn't been drilled for a guard, I won't be doing that; though if I can find a screwless guard that looks correct I may go that route. It does have a Lifton case in addition to the tweed case. As for the pickup covers, what good is it to pay extra for double white bobbins if you do not show them? Plus, with the covers off, I get a little more high end / bite. Page had the cover off his bridge double white in the early 70s....it helps me get that sound

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A few more pics........

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The original owner of my R0 has had many stingers; he still has an R9 stinger (#4). He is about to send it out on the road with Michael Burks (The original owner of my guitar is Burk's manager / producer / doctor; he told me Burks raids his gear closet frequently). Burks used mine in about 160 shows between 2003-2004. Though it is really really clean with very little fret wear (I can not see any wear). Below is a youtube video where he is playing the guitar through a Dumble amp (sounded pretty awesome). The original owner of the guitar is a forum member (maybe only on the other forum?). I showed him the video & he confirmed it is the same guitar. He said he remembers that night and was sitting right next to the guy who was filming the video. Very cool. At the end of the video you can barely see the back of the head on the guitar where the stinger is. The person who posted it said they have more videos from that night. I am hoping to get them to post a few more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrLS9-Z_Xwg]Michael Burks Band 2004 - YouTube[/ame]

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gotta love these Tweed / Stinger cases! I just got another one today.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

gem12

Reaction score
Be prepared when the FEDS come knocking on your door. :slash:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Very nice wall of Les Pauls you have there.
Needs a gold or black one, though, to break it up a little. :thumb:

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The temperature finally went below 100 degrees today; I think it got up to about 85. So it was nice enough to take pics outside without melting the guitar! Photobucket tells me they are about to shut down my usage until the 21st due to too much band width....so I will do this the hard way. I had about 25 pics to post; but because I am doing it this way, the pics will be auto re-sized by MLP forum (they will be smaller than they would be if I was able to use photobucket). I wanted to show similar angles with different times of the day where the sun was in different places; it changes the color to cherry!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

Latest Threads