NGD 2003 LP Classic Ebony and Gold

integra evan

Reaction score
Grabbed this killer 2003 Classic in ebony with gold hardware. Barely any play wear and good overall condition. No tarnish on the gold hardware either. Looked like someone tried to draw Saturn with a spectrum on the top, got some weird scratches on it. It plays and sounds amazing. Neck is a little bit bigger/more round than a slim taper 60s, although that's what its spec'd with. The ad said it weighed 9.2 pounds but it feels lighter. These older classics are awesome guitars. ABR bridge right into the wood like reissues and the vintage shaped headstock, which I've always liked.
I may eventually change the inlays to a white color. Need to oil up the fretboard to make it darker too.
20200111_133146-1432x1074.jpg

20200111_135523-1432x2237.jpg
20200111_133203-1432x1074.jpg

Last edited:

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Best era, best classic, best Lester ever...

‘don’t sleep on the 496/500...absolutely awesome when u play with the tone and volume..

best pound for pound guitar on earth..imho

-Chris

RocketKing

Reaction score
The stock pick ups aren't my usual cup of tea but Classics are very cool guitars.
Nice buy :thumb:

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
That's a beauty for sure.

Congrats on an amazing guitar.

All these years I've never owned a Classic.

I have a friend who's got a '00 Classic Amber Premium Plus that I'm going to buy from him.

I'm raising cash right now, and hopefully I'll be in the Classic club in a month or so.

integra evan

Reaction score
Thanks all! Yeah the pickups are quite hot but they do sound great and clean up well. I like the tuxedo look too. When I first saw it I was thinking about putting black plastics on it but I think I'll leave it as is now. I might put some gold pickup covers on it. This is the first Classic I've had too and I'm thoroughly impressed.
Just hoping I can get these scratches out of the top. Kind of annoyed that the seller didn't disclose these scratches or highlight them in pictures

20200110_201059-2268x3024.jpg
20200111_002722-3024x2268.jpg

anorton

Reaction score
That’s both an elegant and a badass guitar, scratches and all. Congratulations!

integra evan

Reaction score

integra evan

Reaction score
Score on a beauty! These classics were really nice guitars. Congrats! :thumb: :thumb: :beer:

For the scratch, since looks a bit aggressive, you can try with a double compound, like the Eternashine scratch remover. Works really well even on those kind of scratch.

Is the Eternashine basically re-bottled Meguiars Swirl Remover and Mirror Glaze?

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the Eternashine basically re-bottled Meguiars Swirl Remover and Mirror Glaze?
I dont think Im the right person to ask lol. I just used it and worked great, but didnt do a A/B chemical analysis with Meguiars stuff. :rofl:

moreles

Reaction score
What a gorgeous guitar. I don't know if it's safe to microfiber/polish those scratches, but would look into it. Regardless, what a beauty. If you bought it from a seller where there's some recourse, you have a right to a refund (I would not return that thing myself, because I'd want it!) for non-disclosure. You can't not mention something like that. Still, what a great guitar. Now that every LP copy under the sun has a spectacular flame veneer, black lacquer is peerless.

integra evan

Reaction score
What a gorgeous guitar. I don't know if it's safe to microfiber/polish those scratches, but would look into it. Regardless, what a beauty. If you bought it from a seller where there's some recourse, you have a right to a refund (I would not return that thing myself, because I'd want it!) for non-disclosure. You can't not mention something like that. Still, what a great guitar. Now that every LP copy under the sun has a spectacular flame veneer, black lacquer is peerless.
Thanks! Yeah I was offered a refund, but didn't want to return it because it's a killer guitar. I was able to get a few dollars back.
Exactly, these scratches are significant enough to specifically mention them. The ad read "minor blemishes" under it's cosmetic condition, which is really vague, and the only photo it could have shown up in was super blurry, so they didn't show up.

integra evan

Reaction score
I think this guitar has actually beat my 95 Studio (my 95 Studio is a beast of a guitar all around and has far surpassed any of the newer stuff I've had). Kudos to this Classic lol