NGD - 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard

theusualdan

Reaction score
Just picked this up last night. Haven't even had time to play it much. Looks like a honey burst to me, or maybe a light burst. Current plan is to give it a good set up (action is a bit high), and do a pickup swap. Currently has the Slash humbuckers in it, but I've got a set of Bare Knuckle Mules that I think will fit this guitar nicely. Trying to decide whether or not to install the guard. It's already got the holes drilled so wouldn't be a big deal either way. Either way, really loving the look of this Lester.

LP STD.jpg

Guitpicky

Reaction score
Very unique looking top... there's a lot going on there. Nice score :)

Guitpicky

Reaction score
I'd normally leave the pickguard off, but since the holes are already there I'd rather see a pickguard than unused holes :)

theusualdan

Reaction score
ormally leave the pickguard off, but since the holes are already there I'd rather see a pickguard than unused holes :)
That's where I'm at with it as well at the moment. Planning on getting down to business tonight. I also think I have some locking tuners off of a 2013 LP standard that might get thrown on here. As this thing will likely be a gigger for me.

Dogbreath

Reaction score
Put the guard on. Naked without one. The holes are there, and that’ll how it was designed.

integra evan

Reaction score
Nice! Throw the guard on, especially since it already has the holes

akuster777

Reaction score
sweet axe! great top as is, but I love cream plastics with a guard...

leofender55

Reaction score
Nice top color on this one. The burst colors are very similar to my 2002 Standard. Not sure what Gibson was doing in 2002, but I know 2 buddies who have 2002 Standards and all the tops are real nice on them. Congrats.

LocoTex

Reaction score
I usually don't like a real busy top but I'm really liking what's going on with this one. Very nice....and more pictures please!

theusualdan

Reaction score
I usually don't like a real busy top but I'm really liking what's going on with this one. Very nice....and more pictures please!
Thanks! It's a cool top. The seller did a really bad job of documenting how great it looks in person. Literally haven't had any time to get better shots of it. I'll take some tonight after I put in the new pickups, swap strings and give a set up.

Wailing

Reaction score
Awesome guitar... very likely to be a one piece back... My 2002 is a honeyburst I believe and is different to your one.. maybe yours is a light burst ?
03794764-55D4-4EB2-B9C3-E2A46CC6809A.jpeg

theusualdan

Reaction score
Awesome guitar... very likely to be a one piece back... My 2002 is a honeyburst I believe and is different to your one.. maybe yours is a light burst ? View attachment 421255
Seeing yours, I'm now convinced it's light burst as opposed to honey. And yes. It's a one piece back so far as I can tell. That's a great looking honey burst you've got! Mine looks to have a few more dings on the top than yours. I'll look similar once I get these Mules installed. I prefer the covered look to zebras any day.