NGD: 2001 Murphy Aged R9 with Brazilian fret board

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It has been hard trying not to announce that this one was coming. But it may be my last historic LP & I wanted it to be more of a surprise. It has been shown a little on the other forum. But it has only appeared very little on this forum. Only about 37 of these made; I think that is the correct total, but I might be off a little.

The guitar has a small amount of wear on it. But most of that blends in with the aging. The electronics have been out and back in. So I did not feel bad about modifying it. The stock pickups and modern wiring in the cavity left a lot to be desired in the tone department. The first photos show the guitar in stock condition. The later ones show it with the changes. I changed the following: I changed the modern wiring in the cavity (caps connected to middle lug on tone pots) to 1959 wiring (caps connected to lower lug on tone pots), lightly aged Retrospec offset tail piece studs, VOS / lightly aged wireless historic bridge, and a set of aged Shed Zepp pickups with double white bobbins (covers are in the guitar case). I like the pickups. It plays really well. And the tone is now right where I want it.

It is definitely a keeper. There are a few pics of the fret board. It is pretty dark. And that was before I oiled it. Obviously and as usual, there are a lot of photos. But the top moves around so much, just a slight change in angle makes a difference. And for the ones that appear similar, I could not decide which one to pick. Since the top moves so much with each angle, I went ahead & kept some similar ones. I will say that out of the 40 pics, I threw out about 135 others! Here you go!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

FUS44

Reaction score
This guitar and the cherry sunburst bottom row, extreme right are your two best IMHO.

Nice score.

six-string

Reaction score
:hyper:Don't worry. the boys are on their way.
they'll have that wall of flame taken care of in no time.
us52007.jpg

JPP373

Reaction score
Heaven Sent:) She's a beauty and has The Historic look in Spades..I esp like the color of the back. Imo, This one has Leap Frogged some Very Nice Historics you have. Top 3 favorites.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
" My last Historic LP...... " Yeah right !! :thumb:

Until the next one! haha Actually, unless something I am unaware of pops up, I don't have anything else I want. And I have too many guitars as it is. I need to sell a couple; but most are keepers. And the keepers are more than I have time to play.

InfiniteeZ

Reaction score
I was gonna say I liked it better with those pup covers on, then I saw those outdoor shots!!

Grats man!

RAG7890

Reaction score
Congratulations John. :wow: :thumb: :applause:

What is the weight & how does it compare to the other BRW's from 2003? :)

:cheers:

Latest Threads