NGD - 2001 Backbreaker, I mean Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Reissue

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Thumbing through FB marketplace at work last night I came across this for sale. It was for sale by someone I’ve done deals with before. He’s a great guy to deal with. This has been a bucket list amp to try out for years.. it towers over a Fender Twin Reverb in size.. I bought an amp that’s stupid loud and weighs about 65lbs.. that was a great a idea right? :laugh2:

it’s in pretty clean shape. The guy I bought it from gave me a Bugera attenuator for help with the paint peeling volume. He also cut me a deal on an Archer Klon pedal to spice It up.

I made it just passed 5 on both channels jumped before I gave it up lol. Even at 5 it’s just starting to break up a little..ill Do some more testing tomorrow. I worked last night, came home for a couple of hours then drove 2hrs to meet the guy.. then 2hrs back home.. I’m beat but it was worth it lol.

8ECDA07E-68C7-4CD7-8081-88D5EEC23B30.jpeg
ED06E6AA-4CB2-44F4-97B5-8168F4CD6197.jpeg

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great looking and sounding amp!
Congratulations and happy NAD :)

LPTDMSV

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic classic Marshall look, I love the aesthetics of those amps, congratulations. 100% old school amplifier experience, heavy and loud.

I was speaking to an amp tech yesterday who has decades of experience, he said that the transformers for these Marshalls are marginal at full volume and he regularly sees amps with blown transformers because people are running them flat out into attenuators to try to get that Clapton sound.

That pedal is going to come in handy, everyone had a fuzz or a boost, a Rangemaster or something like that back in the day!

Also what @Duane_the_tub says, people learnt to control their tone with the guitar volume knob, because that was just what you had to do in the pre-MV low-gain era.

Knoby

Reaction score
looks great. Post a sound clip when you get chance.

Nick-O

Reaction score
Nice....jump the channels and you can dial in some blissful tones on that beauty!

The_Nuge

Reaction score
I have a German-made Linnemann clone (without Tremolo though) of those, and can tell you that it takes a PPIMV very well.
If the amp is PTP the the MV is very easy to install - I just used the circuit diagrams on the Ceriatone website and ordered the few bits needed.

If you live in the Stuttgart area of Germany, I'd be happy to help you.

Cheers

Es

gtimach1

Reaction score
I had a Mesa Rectoverb 50 Combo many years ago. I loved it and it sounded amazing. But, it weighed 70 pounds. Eventually I got rid of it and began using heads and cabs or combos weighing significantly less. I do miss that amp, but I don’t miss the weight.

I bet your Marshall sounds terrific. It sure looks awesome. Best of luck with it. Hopefully you won’t have to lug it around that much. Unleash the beast and rock on!

goldtop0

Reaction score
You just wait until you get a hold of a handwired reissue 1962 with T652 speakers and pinstripe grille cloth.......they're bigger again!!

Latest Threads