NGD- 1999 Standard.

tache3

Reaction score

Been wanting a 90's Honeyburst Standard for a while now. Recently took a business trip to Japan and found this one for the Yen equivalent of £965/$1200, which I was very pleased with as they seemed to go for around £1300-1400 in the UK and $1400-1600 in the US.
Love this era- nice, solid instuments and the 498/490 combo is a big fave for me. Original case too.

tache3

Reaction score
Nice guitar! How did you get it back from Japan? Did it just go in the hold in the case?
I flashed the frequent flyer card at check in and was allowed to carry it to the gate and then I asked to pick it up at the aircraft door when we arrived. Unfortunately, at Heathrow, they told me that only pushchairs and strollers are allowed to be picked up at the aircraft door (because of 'security reasons' apparently) and it came through with all the other baggage. It was a tense 20 mins waiting for it to arrive, as you can imagine.

tache3

Reaction score
Thanks very much everyone, very kind of you. I was very pleased with it, firstly because of the price and secondly because of the condition. Its very clean, only a couple of very minor dings and the finish and hardware is in great shape. The previous owner obviously looked after it well (and was obviously concerned enough about keeping it that way that he/she removed the shroud from the case).

brianbzed

Reaction score

Been wanting a 90's Honeyburst Standard for a while now. Recently took a business trip to Japan and found this one for the Yen equivalent of £965/$1200, which I was very pleased with as they seemed to go for around £1300-1400 in the UK and $1400-1600 in the US.
Love this era- nice, solid instuments and the 498/490 combo is a big fave for me. Original case too.
Nice! A good deal on a very nice guitar! Congrats!

Latest Threads