NGD - 1996 Les Paul R8

pmonk

Reaction score
Well, after playing a fat neck guitar and digging the way it felt, I decided to look for a R8.

After searching the usual places, came across this beauty.

img0846ch.jpg

Now the question which I am debating is, keep the Seymour Duncan Antiquity Pickups in her or switch out with the double cream GuitarForce Rebel 1???

cmcgov

Reaction score
Grats mate, sick looking lp love that color. Switch them pu's out and give it a go, if it doesn't flow put them back in!

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
That's beautiful!! specially the fingerboard!! Dark and very solid!!! like it is supposed to be!

Love the color too!

jco.1

Reaction score
Congrats on the new score....if that Rebel is the one that came from a '79 Std., it's a Rebel II. Kevin informed me he was out of the right labels at the time. :cool:

I still vote for trying another pickup in there if you are curious. Can always take it back out and return it to stock.

pmonk

Reaction score
Congrats on the new score....if that Rebel is the one that came from a '79 Std., it's a Rebel II. Kevin informed me he was out of the right labels at the time. :cool:

I still vote for trying another pickup in there if you are curious. Can always take it back out and return it to stock.

So, I had Rebel II all along :io:

Backstage

Reaction score
Happy NGD.
Hm, not satisfied with the Antiquities? I would say: Keep them.

pmonk

Reaction score
Happy NGD.
Hm, not satisfied with the Antiquities? I would say: Keep them.

Sad to say - the decision has nothing to do with tone, but aesthetics.

I just wanted exposed double creams pickups because it looks bad ass! :laugh2:

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
Wonderful era of Historic Les Pauls!!! Nice one.

Ants are awesome pickups....I wonder if you pulled the covers off the Ants....lotta times they are DW?

Guitarforce pickups are outstanding as well....congrats.

pmonk

Reaction score
Wonderful era of Historic Les Pauls!!! Nice one.

Ants are awesome pickups....I wonder if you pulled the covers off the Ants....lotta times they are DW?

Guitarforce pickups are outstanding as well....congrats.

One of the screws on the bridge pickup is low enough to get a peek of white, so at least a zebra.

When the time comes for a string change I will think about removing the covers and see what I got.

Just a fantastic guitar and the neck and action feels great,

Plus, playing Norlins for the past few years, the lightness of the R8 feels real good.

InfiniteeZ

Reaction score
Congrats on that! Amazing looker! Hopefully the Antiquities turn out to be DW!

pmonk

Reaction score
I love 1994-1996 Historics!

Well, one of the reasons why I jumped on this was your "love" for this time period.

Playing this guitar through a Beano Boost, I am just going to leave well enough alone and not do anything to this guitar outside of upgrading the post when the opportunity presents itself!

Sharky

Reaction score
great looking fiddle. Dig the amp as well. Ich checked Dr. Z's website but could not find it. Can you chosse different surfaces? How's this surface called?

pmonk

Reaction score
Now I don't consider myself an expert on the various Historics/Reissues, but God Damn this is one fine ass guitar.

Gibson was certainly on their A game during this period.

Latest Threads