NGD 1993 '54 custom reissue

Reaction score
Hi all,

Some of you may have read my post asking questions about this model. I wasn't planning on buying another guitar, but during my holiday, this one popped up on my local version of craigslist. I've wanted this model for years now, so I decided to make an exception and expand my collection from 3 guitars (2013 R8, 1979 strat & 1966 es-330) to 4.

This guitar has the really cool alnico staple pickup, and a p90 in the bridge. I read somewhere that '54 reissues from this year would have had a p100, but I pulled it out while changing strings, and this one is definitely a p90. Maybe the previous owner changed it, or it was made in late '93 and it got a p90 from the factory. Anyway, it sounds and plays great and I am absolutely stoked. The only negative I've found so far is the pots. When you roll down the volume pots, you lose a lot of treble as well. This confuses me as the guitar has an emerson wiring kit and is wired 50's style. However, I dont consider it a problem as I am absolutely in love with this guitar.

Enjoy the pictures!

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet!

What's the neck shape like?
One of my two remaining must-have guitars, and the most elegant looking guitar ever made.

I too am interested in the neck shape as well as the thickness at the 1st fret. The bigger the better.

You're my new best friend, Thomas. :cheers:

JMP

Reaction score
As we say in Massachusetts, that’s wicked awesome guy!

Max Max

Reaction score
Maybe my favorite looking Les Paul ever and you don't have to worry about tarnishing those P90s the way you would with gold humbuckers.
She's a beauty.

Reaction score
One of my two remaining must-have guitars, and the most elegant looking guitar ever made.

I too am interested in the neck shape as well as the thickness at the 1st fret. The bigger the better.

You're my new best friend, Thomas. :cheers:
I'll look at the thickness later. For now, I'd say the neck is very comfy. 59'ish, for lack of a better description. Definitely a bit thinner and less shoulder than my 2013 R8.

And yes I do need a goldtop to complete the trifecta!

Latest Threads