NGD! 1979 LPC Silverburst

Hath74

Reaction score
Is it the 79 silverburst that just sold on reverb?

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Yeeeep!
Sooo happy to have finally found one!
All original and hasn't been played for about 16 years according to the seller. It definitely feels like it because the pots are really stiff.
Seller bought it off someone about 20 years ago as an investment. It was only last plugged in, in 2006 and still has the old dead strings on it.
Needs a setup obviously, but it also needs to sit for a day or so to get used to my environment.

Pickguard will come off soon and a JB will be put in the bridge.
Thanks for everyone's help with all the useful info on here from all of the Norlin guys! I hope I can repay that by helping anyone else new to this section. :D
!
C5E17BF6-D8E0-4856-A072-C73F9128CFF9.jpeg
F1A9146F-3954-4E96-A72C-7E4B4AC194CF.jpeg

Last edited:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I've also added a set of Posi-Lok's and when they arrive some vintage speed knobs.

grumphh

Reaction score
Pickguard will come off soon
No. Heretic. You will burn at the stake if it does.

And if you are not religious, at least leave it on for the sake of decency: Pickguardless Norlins just look indecent - leave that to the guys who shamelessly expose their flametops to innocents all over the internet.

(Also, chances are that the laquer under the PG hasn't yellowed like on the rest of the guitar, and that little patch of original finish isn't all that nice to look at really...)

Otherwise Hngd :)

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
No. Heretic. You will burn at the stake if it does.

And if you are not religious, at least leave it on for the sake of decency: Pickguardless Norlins just look indecent - leave that to the guys who shamelessly expose their flametops to innocents all over the internet.

(Also, chances are that the laquer under the PG hasn't yellowed like on the rest of the guitar, and that little patch of original finish isn't all that nice to look at really...)

Otherwise Hngd :)
+10! :thumb:

Congrats Daniel!!!!!!!

These things are always worth waiting and picking carefully for!

You did good! Bad enough you are going to gut the pickup.... Grumph is right on this..

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I’ve already taken the pick guard off, installed the posi-loks, polished it and swapped the bridge pickup! :D hahaha!
It looks amazing now! Trust me. I’ll have to get some shots of it today. ;)

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I’ve already taken the pick guard off, installed the posi-loks, polished it and swapped the bridge pickup! :D hahaha!
It looks amazing now! Trust me. I’ll have to get some shots of it today. ;)
You better.......:squint:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
You better.......:squint:
It’s 5:30am here and I can’t get any shots to prove it, but use my “81 as an example. ;)
Edit: I played it with the pick guard on, but my finger kept snagging the screw so....

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I played it with the pick guard on, but my finger kept snagging the screw so....
Well..... then yur doin' it wrong!!!

Adjust your picking, not the pick guard! Norlin is ALWAYS right!

Any issues are with the player! Once we get that settled, the love affair can begin!

:laugh2:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Well..... then yur doin' it wrong!!!

Adjust your picking, not the pick guard! Norlin is ALWAYS right!

Any issues are with the player! Once we get that settled, the love affair can begin!

:laugh2:
Have a coffee and relax man! :D

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
Congrats!! Beauty!
Please post lots of pics with the new pickup and without guard so we can fully appreciate the silver!

Were you specifically looking for a ‘79 and if so why?