NGD: 1977 Gibson Les Paul Pro

J_Euphoria

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I got a special one here. I've been itching for a Les Paul with P90's. I was leaning on either getting a Junior or a Special; funny how I ended up not choosing either of them. The moment I stumbled upon this beauty, I knew that I had to have it.

I've always gravitated toward the Norlin-era Les Pauls. I love how heavy they are! This one is a little lighter than my 1980 Standard, but not by much.

It's all stock! The TP-6 Tailpiece is pretty sweet.

IMG_5926 by J Euphoria, on Flickr

IMG_7329 by J Euphoria, on Flickr
The P90 pickups kill! The bridge pickup growls, and the neck pickup howls.

IMG_3284 by J Euphoria, on Flickr

IMG_0587 by J Euphoria, on Flickr

Thanks for checking it out! Cheers!:cheers2:

Neffco

Reaction score
The pros are a rare breed and yours is a more rare finish. They made more Ebony pros than any other. Seems like they should get a lot more love with the P90s but the cork sniffers don’t care for the upgraded neck valute. Yours should be a solid mahogany body where mine is a good ol pancake.

J_Euphoria

Reaction score
The pros are a rare breed and yours is a more rare finish. They made more Ebony pros than any other. Seems like they should get a lot more love with the P90s but the cork sniffers don’t care for the upgraded neck valute. Yours should be a solid mahogany body where mine is a good ol pancake.
You got it right on the nose! I love the neck volute, and you're absolutely right about the solid mahogany body. Cheers!

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
there's nothing rare about Pros....that was most all that was produced in Nashville in 1975, ebony fret-boards were standard on them.

That is a nice piece, congratulations.

Neffco

Reaction score
there's nothing rare about Pros....that was most all that was produced in Nashville in 1975, ebony fret-boards were standard on them.

That is a nice piece, congratulations.
They may not have been rare at the time but they don’t pop up for sale much anymore. Especially un molested.

I played mine last night at the bar. Sustain for days. Kinda made my 2016 trad sound inferior.

My Les Paul Classifieds