NGD! 1974 Byrdland.

FloridaSam

Reaction score
I haven't been to a guitar shop in over 3 months. Definitely the longest stretch in 35 years. I've been very fortunate during the quarantine time and finally today I got to go to my favorite shop. I sold z few things over the months so I had every intention of buying myself a bourbon burst R8.
That plan went right out the window when this Byrdland that's been on my radar for a while became available at a price I couldn't refuse. It plays and sounds like a million bucks.
One owner, all original 1974 Byrdland. Not sure why the neck pickup is flipped, and the pickguard was lost to off gassing.
Currently strung with flat Chrome 11s. I will be purchasing a new pick guard and gold ABR very soon, but fir now it ain't broke and is wayyyy more fun then I thought it would be.

Barnaby

Reaction score
Amazing! Wanted to try one for ages, but have never had the chance. Is the shorter scale noticeable, or no problem?

FloridaSam

Reaction score
Amazing! Wanted to try one for ages, but have never had the chance. Is the shorter scale noticeable, or no problem?
I will admit I have really stubby short fingers. This neck was made for me. Very comfortable and a really nice profile too. Definitely different than a Strat but I find it a lot easier for me. It amazes me that Clapton, with his Alien long fingers was a fan of this model.

Barnaby

Reaction score
I will admit I have really stubby short fingers. This neck was made for me. Very comfortable and a really nice profile too. Definitely different than a Strat but I find it a lot easier for me. It amazes me that Clapton, with his Alien long fingers was a fan of this model.
I've got biggish hands, but struggle with some of the gnarlier jazz chords on, say, a strat. One of these could be just what I'm after for taming some of the chords that look like a Safari-recommended password. Yours is a beauty - that neck!

Mike Irvin

Premium Member
Reaction score
Love Byrdlands!!!

Great score on a super Byrd!

I think you'll love that scale!

Congrats!! :applause:

rikko

Reaction score
I haven't been to a guitar shop in over 3 months. Definitely the longest stretch in 35 years. I've been very fortunate during the quarantine time and finally today I got to go to my favorite shop. I sold z few things over the months so I had every intention of buying myself a bourbon burst R8.
That plan went right out the window when this Byrdland that's been on my radar for a while became available at a price I couldn't refuse. It plays and sounds like a million bucks.
One owner, all original 1974 Byrdland. Not sure why the neck pickup is flipped, and the pickguard was lost to off gassing.
Currently strung with flat Chrome 11s. I will be purchasing a new pick guard and gold ABR very soon, but fir now it ain't broke and is wayyyy more fun then I thought it would be.

GORGEOUS!!!
Yous a lucky guy!!!

Latest Threads