NGD: 1960 Schulte LP replica

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Hello All,
I recently acquired a hand made 1960 Eric Schulte LP replica guitar. This particular one was made in 1993. Also, I use the term "replica" loosley here. There are certainly a few sketchy measurments on this one--things like inlay shape and size, knob placemant, neck pickup placement, etc. But even with all of those miscalculations, this guitar stands up with the best of them. It holds its own tone and feel wise to the many historics and vintage pieces I've owned. Its got a nice dark brazilian board, honduran mahogany body/neck, etc. All of the traditional burst woods you would expect. Are there any other Schulte owners or fans out there? They seem to be fairly uncommon.

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Those are legendary here in Philly... I think the builder is from around here. I've seen ones that look a lot more "off" than the OP. Congrats I'll bet that is an awesome guitar.
Yes he was a pretty well know Philadelphia area luthier from what I have gathered. So little info about him on the web, which is unfortunate. Thanks for the kind words!

lemmy loud

Reaction score
This is just a boring story ... I remember when Eric worked for Studio 42/West Chester Music back in the 70s and early 80s. He built my best friends gigging guitar, and I spoke to him about making me one like it, but only putting a neck pick-up in, lol, the ensuing conversation was pretty funny ... But I have never heard of him since then, it is great to see that he is still around and making great guitars.

ESchmidt

Reaction score
This is just a boring story ... I remember when Eric worked for Studio 42/West Chester Music back in the 70s and early 80s. He built my best friends gigging guitar, and I spoke to him about making me one like it, but only putting a neck pick-up in, lol, the ensuing conversation was pretty funny ... But I have never heard of him since then, it is great to see that he is still around and making great guitars.
That’s awesome, I like hearing stories like that. I believe he has since passed, but it seems like he has left a nice legacy. I have yet to hear anything negative about the man or the quality of his builds.

lemmy loud

Reaction score
Oh man, Im sorry to hear that ... That was a great area and time for the local music scene. Philly was really fun back then. Lots of talent! He was definitely part of it.
HIPPY ALERT:
Wood is organic. It was once living and breathing. I really think some of it has a 'soul', for want of a better term, but, I digress ... I know that guitar has a lot of great vibes within! I'm glad you got it and know it has lots of great music to give.
Enjoy! :cheers2:

ESchmidt

Reaction score
I found two more of these on Reverb, but they are asking 3k apiece for them. I paid less than half that for this one. I’d love to get a second one but not at those prices!

Nick-O

Reaction score
I found two more of these on Reverb, but they are asking 3k apiece for them. I paid less than half that for this one. I’d love to get a second one but not at those prices!
You have to admit the tops and finish on those is A1...still a lot of coin though.

ESchmidt

Reaction score
I ordered some medium wind OX4 pickups for this guitar. It currently has Van Zandt pickups. They sound good, but I would like something that are closer PAF spec

Latest Threads