NGD! 1959 Dirty Lemon

JMP

Reaction score
Congratulations! Looks awesome.

Deftone

Reaction score
Looks nice. Why are you covering the headstock logo?

MuLLe

Reaction score
So sad, been playing a long time and I don’t bond with it.

it just a too bright sounding guitar with no bottom to it

As soon as I strum unplugged I noticed it, thin, plugged it in and it’s a squealer.
Damn!

Dilver

Reaction score

As soon as I strum unplugged I noticed it, thin, plugged it in and it’s a squealer.
Damn!
Ouch. Hope there’s a return policy. Too bad ‘cause it’s a great top.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There are a few steps you can take to help tame the top end: pickup height adjustment, bridge swap, different string gauge, etc. Introducing more low end is tougher but can be accomplished through amp settings and the right pedals. If it's just not the guitar for you, though, all that is irrelevant.

Do you still have your Prehistoric, or did this one take its place?

DanD

Reaction score
Sweet looking axe!

I agree with the above. You can definitely tame the high end. Not so sure about the bottom tho.

Hope it works out for you.

JMP

Reaction score

Damn!
Maybe some fresh strings and playing around with pickup height and tone/ volume knobs will get you where you need to be. A bright guitar can be tamed, but you can’t really add brightness to a dull sounding guitar.

MuLLe

Reaction score
Thanks guys but that doesn’t help :)

It’s the sound characteristics of the guitar it self. It’s lacking the low end. Some guitars are muddy, some have more mid, some are more dens and some higher. This one squeals hehe.

I want more low end with warmer characteristics and some umph out of the guitar.Thisone would probably sound excellent to some and is what they are looking for. But not to me :)

Duane, I actually sold the guitar so I didn’t make a trade for another guitar :)

the return policy is good on the guitar, money back. Hopefully they have a another one I can try instead. See if I can get a heavier one.

stephen78

Reaction score
Thanks guys but that doesn’t help :)

It’s the sound characteristics of the guitar it self. It’s lacking the low end. Some guitars are muddy, some have more mid, some are more dens and some higher. This one squeals hehe.

I want more low end with warmer characteristics and some umph out of the guitar.Thisone would probably sound excellent to some and is what they are looking for. But not to me :)

Duane, I actually sold the guitar so I didn’t make a trade for another guitar :)

the return policy is good on the guitar, money back. Hopefully they have a another one I can try instead. See if I can get a heavier one.
What's the weight on that one? Not that this is the absolute rule...but it does seem that the lighter LPs have that "tele on steroids" sound and the slightly heavier ones have more of that bottom end and honky midrange from researching and talking to a few folks. But it is really dependent on so many factors of the individual guitar...so just a general statement. :)

MuLLe

Reaction score
The weight is 8lb 8oz, so it really isn’t a super light. But has a shallow tone to it, honky squealing characteristic hehe

phillyred79

Reaction score
Where did you buy it from? Most reputable places have a return/exchange policy on high dollar instruments new or used..

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What year is it? I associate squeal with unpotted pickups (or just feedback in general).

kelsodeez

Reaction score
Beauty of a guitar. I still can't get over how close sunrise tea burst looks to dirty lemon burst

Latest Threads