NGD - 1958 Reissue Aged VOS

MuLLe

Reaction score
Hi,

So Ive had a couple of guitars lately which I have returned and never found one that felt 100%. And Ive been waiting and looking to find a guitar but no luck.
But today I was thinking to myself I better get down to our guitar store and try every piece of Gibson and buy one if I find any that speaks to me. Well they didn't have many due to low delivery from Gibson and Covid-19.
So I tried two Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's, one Gibson Les Paul Standard 50's and Slash Les Paul Standard Anaconda.
So when I have played them I just thought this sucks, Ill never find a guitar. So I told the guy, sorry but here isn't one piece of guitar that talks to me, then I turned around and was heading out of the store, somehow I just wanted to take a look one more time and went back to the Gibson section. And there, high up on the wall, behind some other Gibsons in hiding, there was a guitar, Honey type burst, looked old and I just felt that feeling AAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAAAHHHHHH, angels whispering in my ears. That guitar called my name and said, play me, pleeeease play me. I told the guy, I want to try that one.
Yeah its a good looking guitar, a second hand....

When I grabbed it I just felt, holy shit.... this is something special.....
I sat down and felt the neck, a fat neck..... perfect rounded frets... soft to bend..... hmmm too high action, way too high, I just lowered the bridge..... still too high, a setup is needed.
I strummed open chords all over the neck.... it has an enormous resonance, clarity, old wood tones...
Connected it to an amp... Holy shit hahaha.... It roars, its feisty, it has a brutal attitude, old wood tone, resonates, full creamy woman tone... it just blowed my mind.
I checked the serial number, ok its made 2012.... laminated rosewood. Shall I even bother over that, hell no. This guitar is the best playing and sounding guitar Ive ever had and ever will have. This is a keeper. I told him, its a 2012 and it has laminated rosewood. His jaw fell to his knees and said *what?* laminated? What does that mean?
It means the price is to high hehehe, so I got it cheaper :p

Sorry for a long message, but damn. I'm so happy.
Ive had two new 2020 Custom Shops, one 2019 and previous years I have had many. But this one is just awesome and crazy good. Everything is perfect. I made a quick setup and here is two pictures. I will post a new one tomorrow in normal daylight. The pictures here is taken with a bright lighting and color is to dark on the guitar, it has a brighter tone....

What do you think of it :)?

01.jpg 033.jpg

Torshalla

Reaction score
Congrats, she s a beauty! Great finding a guitar that speaks to you!
Enjoy it :)

Kenshi

Reaction score
Congratulations on your Historic Les Paul aquisition!

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Excellent find! How much were you able to beat hem down?

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always said, "Let the Guitar pick you".

And your description of that moment when the stars align, and an awesome guitar comes to us, was spot on!

Congrats!

She's a beauty and I would have done the same in a split sec!

It's got that vibe for sure! :thumb:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, congrats!

Mick Weiss

Reaction score
What does "laminated rosewood" have to do with 2012? I have a few from 12 and I don't see any laminations....

DoctorGonzo

Reaction score
What does "laminated rosewood" have to do with 2012? I have a few from 12 and I don't see any laminations....
The government seized the supply of rosewood Gibson had in their factory resulting in Gibson using 2 pieces of rosewood to make the fretboards in 2012, hence laminated rosewood. I've got a 2012 that is a killer guitar, I never took the nut off to check if it has the laminated fretboard cause I don't care as long as it sounds good.

Latest Threads