NGD '17 Les Paul Custom Axcess Rhino 1 of 25

MagneticTape

Reaction score
After owning and playing many Les Pauls and always going back to my PRS's for their ease of playing and precise builds, I thought I'd try a more Modern Les Paul. I found this rare 2017 Les Paul Custom Rhino which is 1 of only 25 made. The Rhinos were done in gloss with gold hardware or matte/satin with silver/nickel hardware. What an incredible instrument. It is truly on par with PRS build quality and exceeds any of the Gibsons that I've owned and played, including other Custom Shop guitars. I know it's Richlite which gave me pause, but I absolutely love it and find the fretboard to be flawless and so level and straight that any concerns I had are gone.

I love the resonance, sound, volute, pickups, love the color, back of neck cutaway, balance, unique finish feels great in the hands, I love everything about it and has restored my interest in late model Gibson. The coil taps work better on this than any guitar I've had with them previously - full humbucker or near single coil without a massive volume drop.

Don't burst my bubble with Richlite hate. I'm a new fan.

Maybe not everything needs be the same as it was in 1959... not everything has improved in 60 years, but surely some things have.

Les Paul Axcess Rhino 01.jpg

ModernLPAxcessRhino.jpg

Gibson Rhino 03.png

Gibson Rhino 12.png

Gibson Rhino 09.png

MSB

Reaction score
darn that is sexy. And ritchlite is great. I bet it feels so good with that heel and belly cut.

integra evan

Reaction score
Awesome! Probably very comfortable to play.
Nothing wrong with Richlite - had that on my Classic Player Plus and it felt great!

MagneticTape

Reaction score
Thanks all. Yeah, neck and heel feels incredible. I couldn't ask for more.

Benniator

Reaction score
Looks like it's made out of pewter. I like it.

anorton

Reaction score
Slick looking LP! I’ve played LPs and some acoustics with Richlite, and really liked them. Congratulations!

bwillard

Reaction score
I was just curious how you determined there are only 25 of these made? The gibson spec sheet or website doesn't list how many were produced. The certificate of authenticity i've seen doesn't mention it either..
The spec sheet he posted shows the available quantity as 25.

mr. rj

Reaction score
my bad, totally didn't see that.....thanks alot!

Mockbel

Reaction score
Oh it is very attractive!!!
Congratulations

mr. rj

Reaction score
my friend said he seen one for sale for $17 000, not sure where he seen this. But I know the original list price was $5k. And yes it is a very nice work of art.

Latest Threads