NGD - '14 R8 Green Lemon

alane011

Reaction score
Ive recently sold off some of my guitars and freed up "gear cash". A set of Ron Ellis Humbuckers that I have had for a year have been sitting and sitting. (I had plans for the set which hadnt worked out). So I decided to grab a '13 or '14 before it was too late and they were all gone.

I found this beauty to try the Ellis pups out in. Dealt with several of the MLP forum vendors - all great prices and super guys as always.

Its from Curt at HOG - After looking around for a while I decided on lemonburst or something in that family. I called Curt asking if he had any of the sort. "Well I have a great Green Lemon R8, its a Made to Measure, hand selected top (by him) VOS hdware, Gloss.."

Done

8 lbs 7 oz - the stock custombucker bridge sounds great - the neck is good not great - the Ellis pups are his MHW set A5 8.0 bridge, A4 7.1 neck - I will report back with a tone report. Fellow MLP member is doing the rewire/swap.

FKO

Reaction score
Wow! the top on the 14 R8 is really smoking!

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that one is the one I came to within seconds of buying in March ....Great looking guitar!

HNGD! :)

Known4tone

Reaction score
That guitar is righteous but I wouldn't call it a "green lemon". It looks like a Darkburst to me.

kingsxman

Reaction score
Beautiful.
Im still amazed that there are 14's out there that can be had "new" yet. (I'm assuming this was new). I would have thought that most people have figured out that these are THE best deals around.

alane011

Reaction score
That guitar is righteous but I wouldn't call it a "green lemon". It looks like a Darkburst to me.

The center area is very amber - maybe darker than other lemons.. The burst is goes into brown with hints of green - its not black/red or tobacco so I would never call it a darkburst. maybe an Iced Tea with all the red gone

Beautiful.
Im still amazed that there are 14's out there that can be had "new" yet. (I'm assuming this was new). I would have thought that most people have figured out that these are THE best deals around.

My thought as well - it was new. Curt was amazed that it was still around

J Ritt

Reaction score
I'm officially convinced that someone mixed up the R8 and R9 wood piles for the 2014 model year. Nice one!

FKO

Reaction score
I'm officially convinced that someone mixed up the R8 and R9 wood piles for the 2014 model year. Nice one!

Don't we already have a consensus that all 13/14 R8 are R9 in disguise? :D

BigDipper15

Hack Guitarist
Reaction score
Killer guitar...no better historic ever made by Gibson pound for pound than the 13/14 R8's

If only they would open up like true historics do...=0)

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll trade you straight up for my new one if you dont like it....

just sayin'

:wave:

Latest Threads