NGD: '07 LP Standard Silverburst Ltd Ed

Niloy63

Reaction score
Just picked up this used 2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Silverburst. It was a limited edition released by Guitar Center with an Ebony board. 400 pieces were released in 2007 with the bound crown inlayed headstock, and I believe 400 were released in 2008 with the classic unbound LP logo headstock. This guitar is often confused with a Custom Classic. Two easy points that differentiate them are the pickups and the volume/tone knobs.

Here are some specs:
  • Ebony Fretboard
  • Crown inlayed headstock with binding
  • Burstbucker Pro pickups
  • 60s slim taper neck

I wanted a locking set of tuners so I bought a set of Hipshot tuners. It turns out that the Gibson Deluxe tuners that came stock on the guitar had vintage spec 8.5mm pegholes in the headstock. I'm not a huge fan of these tuners. So instead, I just ordered some vintage spec Gotoh tuners with a locking wheel on 'em. I wish the Hipshot tuners would've fit.

I also noticed that I'm torn about the pickups. I enjoy the burstbucker pro p'ups under high gain. But to be honest, they are WAY too thin to play in a clean/mellow setting, especially the bridge (which almost sounds shrill/tinny to me). On my other LP, I have a Seymour Duncan set - Custom bridge and Pearly Gates neck - I love them. But maybe I should try something different this time around. I probably shouldn't immediately swap out p'ups without at least giving them some time to sink in. Maybe I haven't messed enough with my amp EQ settings, or maybe I can do some magnet swapping first. We'll see. lol

Attachments

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I love the "flower pot" headstock inlay....that's what I call the crown....
Even though Gibson has an actual tall flower pot I've always called the crown a flower pot as well...don't know why...
I remember wanting a 335 for nothing other than that headstock inlay...

Anyhow, your silverburst is astounding...

It never ceases to take me aback when I see silver guitars against nickel hardware...

Such a cool guitar :wow:
Congrats!!
Happy new custom day!!

-Chris

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take that when you're ready to move it. Fantastic guitar.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it :thumb:

Silverburst is such a cool colour.

Congrats and HNGD :applause:

Niloy63

Reaction score
Sweet congrats!
Thank you!

Damn I love the "flower pot" headstock inlay....that's what I call the crown....
Even though Gibson has an actual tall flower pot I've always called the crown a flower pot as well...don't know why...
I remember wanting a 335 for nothing other than that headstock inlay...

Anyhow, your silverburst is astounding...

It never ceases to take me aback when I see silver guitars against nickel hardware...

Such a cool guitar :wow:
Congrats!!
Happy new custom day!!

-Chris
I appreciate where you're coming from bro. Those 335s are incredible. I was fortunate enough to play a Trini Lopez Gibson quite a few years back in college, and I fell in love with it. At the time, I remember saying to myself, "If only it had a crown [or as you put it, flower pot lol] inlayed headstock, I'd be willing to put down a year's worth of my odd-job savings to get it. Ahh yes... the broke college days. lol

I'll take that when you're ready to move it. Fantastic guitar.
Lol Thank you, friend.

Wow! Congrats on a killer find! HNGD!
I appreciate it!

Niloy63

Reaction score
Love it :thumb:

Silverburst is such a cool colour.

Congrats and HNGD :applause:
Thank you! And I totally agree. Oddly enough, I prefer these silverbursts where the black follows the outer edge of the body rather than the tear-drop silverbursts found on Gibson's Silverburst Customs.

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! And I totally agree. Oddly enough, I prefer these silverbursts where the black follows the outer edge of the body rather than the tear-drop silverbursts found on Gibson's Silverburst Customs.
Couldn't agree more....i LOVE what MLP calls "rimbursts"

It's awesome to see the base coat and/or grain against the poker chip...

Your silverburst is bananas
I can't stop staring at it :drool:

-Chris

Niloy63

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more....i LOVE what MLP calls "rimbursts"

It's awesome to see the base coat and/or grain against the poker chip...

Your silverburst is bananas
I can't stop staring at it :drool:

-Chris
Ah yes... rimburst makes sense. Self descriptive. I'm glad you like it, brother. :dude: It was certainly a lucky grab. The owner said it was sitting in the corner of his shop for a little while and no one was looking at it or picking it up. I was shocked. I'm itchy to get the guitar setup properly and really put her through her paces.

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's rare that I see a guitar perfectly appointed…
The tuners, the knobs, and even the nickel selector tip are all PERFECT for the guitar…
Nothing needs to be changed…
GREAT find!!!

-Chris

Niloy63

Reaction score
It's rare that I see a guitar perfectly appointed…
The tuners, the knobs, and even the nickel selector tip are all PERFECT for the guitar…
Nothing needs to be changed…
GREAT find!!!

-Chris
I'm hella lucky to have gotten it. And I appreciate the kind words my friend! Always good to see a fellow Texan in here.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I'm back. I still want this. Please take my new Trad as an even exchange. I'll cover shipping. :D

Drools...

irocdave12

Reaction score
Is that GC exclusive? Totally awesome either way. I'm after one of those myself one day

Niloy63

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm back. I still want this. Please take my new Trad as an even exchange. I'll cover shipping. :D

Drools...
:lol: If it were up to me, the money Gods would give all of us MLP members a set of choice badass guitars for free!

Very nice congrats.
Thank you!!

Is that GC exclusive? Totally awesome either way. I'm after one of those myself one day
Yes sir. They did a run of 400 pieces in 2007 (like mine). And they did a run of 400 pieces in 2008 (the 08's had the traditional LP headstock with a blank trust rod). If you can't find any of the GC exclusives but like the color scheme, you should look at some of the Custom Classic Silverbursts of the late 2000s. They look almost identical with pretty much the same neck shape (the only differences are the knobs, tuners, and pickups).

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The binding on the headstock :drool:

This thing just keeps on giving...every time I look at it i notice something else..

What's your address in Houston and when can I come play it haha

U and me ----> :h5:

-Chris

Niloy63

Reaction score
The binding on the headstock :drool:

This thing just keeps on giving...every time I look at it i notice something else..

What's your address in Houston and when can I come play it haha

U and me ----> :h5:

-Chris
I agree bro! The headstock binding and the ebony fretboard were the icing on the cake for me! Good catch!! :applause: :dude:

I'm always down for a good beer! :cheers2:

Latest Threads