NGD: 06 Les Paul/SG Custom- a personal grail

LesPauI+SG=Win

Reaction score
Well many of you saw my ES-330 thread. Really an excellent guitar but to land a white whale one musy use premium as bait.

Today I got guitar that I have chased almost my entire life. I picked it up and took one strum. It was over. After a 2 hr drive and staring at it since 4 am and a morning full of back and forth messages about the deal I felt like a rock god. I havent stopped smiling and Im on Cloud 9.

Here it is MY white witch, my 2006 Les Paul/SG Custom
Well if I ain't mistaken, you're the fella from the SG group on FB. What a small virtual world that we live in... lol

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
HNGD!

I've always wanted one, but with two pickups. It seems impossible to find one with two pickups that doesn't have the wiggly stick for a tailpiece in that lovely creme colour. They've made black ones recently...but it isn't the same.

Congrats!
There was a 2018 limited run Custom with 2-PU offered in White with a stopbar:

https://solidguitar.fandom.com/wiki/2018_Limited_Run_SG_Customs#490R.2F498T_.2F_Nashville_.2F_Gloss

Really nice. Big Mama would have loved it.

As would Young Mama!

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I hope you do. I havent played this much guitar in 20 years. Im recharged. Its all this guitars fault

That’s what it’s all about !! I regularly look on Reverb for them... looks like I would be interested in a early 00s possibly by the pricing I’ve observed so far.. not looking for a mint one. But one that hasn’t been a headstock or neck repair

your idol

Reaction score
That’s what it’s all about !! I regularly look on Reverb for them... looks like I would be interested in a early 00s possibly by the pricing I’ve observed so far.. not looking for a mint one. But one that hasn’t been a headstock or neck repair
Aint it though?! Ive already modded her up to spec. Got rid of the amber tip for white, blank Trc with correct bevel, aged gold grovers. I found the perfect strings. I fall in love every time i see it then i play the hell out of it. Like not fiddling around but actually learning and growing. Its real happiness. Its amazing what the right rig will do. I get a Bluesbreaker for it I may never leave the damn house.

MSB

Reaction score
never been a 3 pup LP fan, but something about 3 pickup SGs just looks right.

I really dig it. If it plays half as good as it looks, you should be a proud papa.

Slick Willy

Reaction score
Well many of you saw my ES-330 thread. Really an excellent guitar but to land a white whale one musy use premium as bait.

Today I got guitar that I have chased almost my entire life. I picked it up and took one strum. It was over. After a 2 hr drive and staring at it since 4 am and a morning full of back and forth messages about the deal I felt like a rock god. I havent stopped smiling and Im on Cloud 9.

Here it is MY white witch, my 2006 Les Paul/SG Custom
View attachment 367137View attachment 367138View attachment 367139View attachment 367140View attachment 367141View attachment 367142View attachment 367143
I want your Lester SG! For the love of God that thing is sexy!

Mr6strings

Reaction score
Very nice SG, the ebony fingerboard give an awesome feeling.

Please set intonation, how can you play with this setup?