NGD - ‘63 Junior w/ Vibrola

rhys1157

Reaction score
Yup! As I expected, I don’t like the tan lines.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still has some original red underneath but the camera makes the rest look not as red than it really is.... good ole tan lines

View attachment 496960
Yeah, Cherry/red is always going to leave a tan line. Like you, I bypass the vibrola on my Junior and even removed it altogether, but Pelham Blue doesn't show as much of a tan line (it's there, but not much).

moreles

Reaction score
That's one of the best-looking Gibson designs, IMO. There's zero of the furniture-maker excess that Gibson goes for (on archtops, particularly) or add-on-hardware bling -- just functional parts that happen to be beautiful in shape and the way they go together. There's no relic that has that kind of meaningful, honest wear; the faded and checked top, under ambered clear, is gorgeous and puts new cherry to shame. The BRW fretboard looks like it's been played raccoons with all the weird hacks and wear marks, but none of it looks bad or problematic. IMO, that is one true, great classic instrument. I think these SG style bodies are way, way more attractive than any singlecut Junior. Congratulations. Yowzers!

dango123

Reaction score
I have the same guitar - LP sticker and all, although mine’s a 62 with wraptail only - best guitar I own. Light, rings like no other and has a screaming p90. See the image by my name, that’s my baby! All original save an incredible refret and a mojoaxe bridge - made a great guitar an unbelievable guitar. I use a Reunion Blues padded gig bag, amazing case, fits like a glove. Enjoy it (I know I do!)!

Latest Threads