NGD… I had to do it!

mjross

Reaction score
Been trying to find a “57” Gold Top Lefty for a while now. Found a real nice Frost Blue “57” and thought, this will work. It’s just a fantastic guitar, very unique and absolutely stunning!

OK, I’ve got to quit cruising the “usual suspect” guitar sites. Sure as hell, I buy the Frost Blue “57” and this “57” Gold Top pops up.

Since my wife is out of town, what she doesn’t know will not hurt her! The ”57” Gold Top is shipping today. Hopefully the guitar gets here before my wife gets home. The perfect crime!

Last edited:

mjross

Reaction score
Beautiful duo! That Frost Blue is refreshingly different for a Paul... really reminds me of Fender's Daphne Blue.

Tell your wife it was a "buy one get one free" deal. :laugh2:
Why didn’t I think of that! Yeah, the Frost Blue is really cool. looks great in person!

Injector

Reaction score
So did you buy them both then?
I'm a goldtop owner but that blue looks gorgeous. Why not see how they both feel and play, then maybe keep the best and return the other?

pondcaster

Reaction score
Gosh, as much as I like goldtops and I do love them, that blue LP is just drool-worthy.

Would just love to play one of those, tbh.

Congratulations, hope you enjoy those in good health for many years to come!

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

That blue is killer!

But glad you got the required Gold Top as well!

Cheers!

mjross

Reaction score
I'm a goldtop owner but that blue looks gorgeous. Why not see how they both feel and play, then maybe keep the best and return the other?
I’m just going to keep both, these guitars are hard to find lefty, if I’m correct, lefties are special order. Gibson appears to have dropped some of the more desirable lefty models. And with everyone losing their minds in regard to prices (have you seen the prices on even used 57’s lately) when I see one and if they are asking a REASONABLE price, I jump on it! This lefty world in regard to guitars can be pretty challenging. I’ve been at it for 69 years now!

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
Congratulations! Two R7s…..hot damn! Looking forward to the review/compare and contrast post.

el84ster

Reaction score
Wow!! I usually prefer to see the wood over solid colors, but that blue is dazzling! Looks very ‘50s!

super cool!

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
RE: thread headline...

we all did...

kewl kat

Reaction score
Somehow.... I don't see that happenin'.... Congrats bro, those look absolutely gorgeous!

Sometimes I see lefty's marked down much below an equivalent right handed model, as I am sure you know. Lucky guy!

:jam:

Latest Threads