NGD’s....3x is the “Charm”??!!!?!

MSB

Reaction score
Just checked GC’s page...so they do offer “blemished” and “open-box” items at a reduced price. Weird how that’s what I was receiving as “brand new” guitars.
as long as it hasn't been sold to a person yet, its "new" to them. Doesn't matter its been on the floor for two years getting played freebird on and banged around.

I went back and forth with the manager at the one near me a few years back because they had a guitar I wanted, but it'd been on the wall for a year and a half and had some dings and dust, but he wouldn't budge because it was still "new." I stop in now and then just to try stuff out, but I'd be hard pressed to ever give GC my money again. Sam Ash has been much better to me and the owner seems like a stand up guy from what i've seen.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My patience and persistence has paid off....
My initial salesperson was great and has been great through this whole process. It was management and “customer service” and GC’s general order filling that was subpar.
for my troubles of driving to and from the store several times for returns and receiving 2 used and damaged guitars...I basically demanded an Original Series Les Paul fresh in the shipping box to me for the price I paid for the “brand new” Traditional, minus the 15% “Trade-in Trade up”, minus the $ I got for a Fender amp I had traded on the initial purchase I made.
“Customer Service” OK’d my deal off and was waiting to contact and confirm with the store manager the next day, now today. As I was about to leave the store last night, I see them putting up this bourbon burst Original 60’s up on the wall right out ofthe box. The color and top caught my eye right away. I had to play it. Half hour later I knew it was the one and had them hold it for me until today when the manager could review and OK the deal. Today I get the go ahead to come in, the guitar is mine. So we are going through the numbers and consistently the deal is about $220 off from where I’m figuring it to be... Kept on going over it with my sales person, he then gets the manager again. The manager runs through everything and it seems like it’s going to be less than what I was figuring...hmmm...and then he gets a grand total and there it is. $200ish more. He goes through the total of everything couple times with me and then explained to me that the case in their system is a separate cost item. I’m like, so in the end you’re only taking $70 off of this guitar for everything that I’ve gone through, after getting two used guitars??! He started to get aggravated and says that there’s nothing more they can do. I said well right on the tag the guitar comes included with case, right? So then I can buy this guitar without the case and save $200 in theory??! He says, well no... It is supposed to come with the case and that would cause inventory issues. Then I said, I figured that, that’s why when I’m talking pricing on this guitar it includes the case.
“We’ll get in trouble with customer service if we just go ahead and sell for the price you want!!”
I said, better call them then and make sure. After about 10 minutes of him and my sales guy in the back room... My salesman comes out and says we will do the deal.
So in the end, I paid a used price for a brand -new fresh (and stunning btw) Original 60’s Les Paul Standard. NOT paying new price for a used guitar. That’s how it’s done boys. It’s been about a month of BS exactly but now I’m happy. And I will buy from them again because they will either get it right the first time or lose a hell of a lot of money getting me the guitar I should’ve got in the first place...saving me $100’s. Yes I’m nuts haha...bring it.
Here’s a teaser cell pic in bad lighting hahaaa
43609A69-B184-40C6-8878-AE4319B3DCFC.jpeg

Benniator

Reaction score
My patience and persistence has paid off....
My initial salesperson was great and has been great through this whole process. It was management and “customer service” and GC’s general order filling that was subpar.
for my troubles of driving to and from the store several times for returns and receiving 2 used and damaged guitars...I basically demanded an Original Series Les Paul fresh in the shipping box to me for the price I paid for the “brand new” Traditional, minus the 15% “Trade-in Trade up”, minus the $ I got for a Fender amp I had traded on the initial purchase I made.
“Customer Service” OK’d my deal off and was waiting to contact and confirm with the store manager the next day, now today. As I was about to leave the store last night, I see them putting up this bourbon burst Original 60’s up on the wall right out ofthe box. The color and top caught my eye right away. I had to play it. Half hour later I knew it was the one and had them hold it for me until today when the manager could review and OK the deal. Today I get the go ahead to come in, the guitar is mine. So we are going through the numbers and consistently the deal is about $220 off from where I’m figuring it to be... Kept on going over it with my sales person, he then gets the manager again. The manager runs through everything and it seems like it’s going to be less than what I was figuring...hmmm...and then he gets a grand total and there it is. $200ish more. He goes through the total of everything couple times with me and then explained to me that the case in their system is a separate cost item. I’m like, so in the end you’re only taking $70 off of this guitar for everything that I’ve gone through, after getting two used guitars??! He started to get aggravated and says that there’s nothing more they can do. I said well right on the tag the guitar comes included with case, right? So then I can buy this guitar without the case and save $200 in theory??! He says, well no... It is supposed to come with the case and that would cause inventory issues. Then I said, I figured that, that’s why when I’m talking pricing on this guitar it includes the case.
“We’ll get in trouble with customer service if we just go ahead and sell for the price you want!!”
I said, better call them then and make sure. After about 10 minutes of him and my sales guy in the back room... My salesman comes out and says we will do the deal.
So in the end, I paid a used price for a brand -new fresh (and stunning btw) Original 60’s Les Paul Standard. NOT paying new price for a used guitar. That’s how it’s done boys. It’s been about a month of BS exactly but now I’m happy. And I will buy from them again because they will either get it right the first time or lose a hell of a lot of money getting me the guitar I should’ve got in the first place...saving me $100’s. Yes I’m nuts haha...bring it.
Here’s a teaser cell pic in bad lighting hahaaaView attachment 412487
Welcome to the Bourbon club! I love those mineral streaks!

I got mine from GC as well, but I guess I got lucky because mine got sent to me factory sealed directly from their regional warehouse. I'm glad it finally worked out for you.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I love bourbon and mineral streaks so that there is a beauty and I'm really glad you finally got one you want.

jaycoyoyo

Reaction score
Wow, that's a sweet lookin guitar. Glad it worked out in the end. I don't know that I would have the patience or resolve to keep going in circles with them.

PauloQS

Reaction score
Amazing guitar man. That's great. Sorry for what you have to go through. Forgive me to point out a technicality, but the Traditionals, just like the new Original Collection Standards, come with pre-installed pickguards.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Congratulations bro! That’s a stunning guitar you finally got there. I’ve been following this thread from its inception. Glad everything came to fruition. And well done on making sure that manager didn’t get the best of you! :h5: As if all that pain in the ass hassle shouldn’t be compensated.

JAMESAK51

Reaction score
That's awesome, beautiful guitar, congrats!!
I hope you love yours as much as I do mine!!
I'm glad it finally worked out for you!!

anorton

Reaction score
Amazing guitar man. That's great. Sorry for what you have to go through. Forgive me to point out a technicality, but the Traditionals, just like the new Original Collection Standards, come with pre-installed pickguards.
The 2019 Traditionals came without preinstalled pickguards. I had to put mine on.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys....loving this guitar!!! Schallers installed today, good couple hours play time...loving it. I still can’t get over this color. A mix of all the color bursts almost.
Yours is beautiful too Snowdogyyz!!