NFD: Fender Special Edition Player Series Strat (roasted maple neck)

Thrill

Reaction score
Got me a new guitar to fill that strat shaped hole in my heart a few days ago. (so a little bit of a late NFD)

A brand new, special edition Fender Player Series strat in "Sonic Blue". A roasted maple neck and custom shop Fat 50s pickups makes it a Special Edition.

Originally walked into the guitar shop looking for a more 50s correct strat in 2 tone burst, with single ply guard and the neck heel truss access and the old style tuners, all that jazz. They didnt have one that fit the bill, but the owner just kept putting strats in my hands like "Here try this one....not the one? Heres this one!". I wound up playing this one, and a Vintera model strat in a very similar color and liked them both, but still was stuck on wanting the 2 tone burst, so I left empty handed with an understanding Id be back on the weekend to have him order one for me with a trade as partial payment.

That was the plan. But I couldnt stop thinking about the special Player Series. The roast maple was really calling to me. So I went back the next day to play it again. This time I took it home with me.

What a great guitar. The dark neck on the light blue just works for me. The neck isnt too big but not too small, seems just right (I like a fat neck), and its got a satin smooth finish (and I hate a gloss neck) so your hand just glides right over it. Pickups sound pretty great, clear and articulate and just sound like quintessential stratocaster. Its just all good. Loving it.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Congrats, I like it, nice looking strat!

danohat

Reaction score
Nice! Roasted necks taste better.

BlueCajun

Reaction score
Congrats! I love roasted maple necks. Just so smooth. And yours looks great with that sonic blue finish. HNGD!

Latest Threads