Newly discovered '60 burst at Bristol Guitar Show today - photos

Redsquare

Reaction score
If the Bigsby was original to the guitar, it should remain,
but it wasn't. It was added sometime later. So if you are
reconditioning the guitar, I would bring it back to it's original
configuration.
I would rather they sold the guitar "as is", most buyers would
have a preference for who was reconditioning the guitar.
The proper way to restore it with the unoriginal bigsby is to remove it, find whoever installed it in the first place, then proceed to pound it into their skull repeatedly until it turns into dust.

rich85

Reaction score
I assume the appeal of this is to someone who wants to do a “barn find” restoration like an old car. I can see the appeal as you get to wipe the 50 year old dust off yourself. And name it? Then send it to historic makeovers…..

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Told ya it was a good deal...

jB.jpg

miserneil

Reaction score
Has the bridge post collapsed forward? Wasn’t sure if you still posted here Eric I don’t visit these parts often I talk to you on Insta (rich_tones)

Anyway I assume it’s off to Kim!

Both bridge posts are sheared off flush with the top.

rich85

Reaction score
Hey man, I quit the LPF...but I'm active in the vintage section here! ;)

Guitar will most likely go to Glaser in Nashville. :yesway:

Ah yep! Will you be joining in the fun when he gets it home to see what the old owner did?

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
From a financial situation, if he purchased this during this recent trip to Europe, then in theory could he expense it to the tour, offsetting the income in Europe, and thus reducing his tax due to various European tax agency?

red_house356

Reaction score
Has the bridge post collapsed forward? Wasn’t sure if you still posted here Eric I don’t visit these parts often I talk to you on Insta (rich_tones)

Anyway I assume it’s off to Kim!

Kim is currently not taking restorations from the average joe to catch up on HMs. Emailed about a ‘53 refin. I’m sure he’d make an exception for this Joe though.

rich85

Reaction score
Kim is currently not taking restorations from the average joe to catch up on HMs. Emailed about a ‘53 refin. I’m sure he’d make an exception for this Joe though.

That’s awesome to hear that business is so good for him.

Hopefully Eric can share some sneaky pics when Joe gets back home with it.

I wonder what Joe will call it. The Barn Find Burst?

refret

Reaction score
It really doesn't need that much work, from what I can see. Clean it up and replace the bridge post.

Since it's already drilled for a Bigsby, just leave it on there. Or at least leave the holes so you can put it back on later. I can't see the wisdom in filling in screw holes on a guitar with that much wear.

sc1989

Reaction score
Great, now he will gloat, send it for a makeover, give it a stupid name and raise the price to half a mil.
You forgot replacing the stock PAFs with JB/59 combo, or if he is planning to remove the Bigly, 490r 498t combo

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guitar Player just caught up to the discovery yesterday. They said in its current state it's unplayable but still worth a lotta moola.

Unplayable '60 Burst

red_house356

Reaction score
I don't know what type of restoration that a guy that does "refins" would do on this guitar. Am I missing something? Does this guitar need new paint?
The ‘53 needs a refin with some woodwork for the bridge pickup that needs to be repositioned. I also have a ‘67 335 that needs a new truss rod. They remove necks and truss rods for the HMs. I just asked if he’d be willing to work on these ‍

Latest Threads