Newer Wizz vs older Wizz models?

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just picked up a set of Wizz PAFs that are about 10 years old. I’ve had more recent Wizz PAFs and they sound wonderful. I was wondering if anyone knows if his pickups have been consistently made through your the years, or do his older ones sound differently that the more recently produced ones?

jlee

Reaction score
He has been using a different spec wire for the past couple years. Something closer to vintage spec wire. Don’t know what that has done specifically for the tone. Most descriptions have been lacking, stating a “more vintage tone”…

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Hopefully these older ones still sound okay though. The sets I’ve had previously were all from the past few years

jlee

Reaction score
They’re great pickups. The older pickups.

jbash

Reaction score
The older the wizz is, the more it smells.

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Is 10 years old enough of a pickup to make a "reissue" version, yet?

(asking for a friend)

Gibson thought so. :dunno:

jcsk8

Reaction score
Damn. So boutique pickups gonna be the same as Gibson ones?

ARandall

Reaction score
Unless you're going to stick them in 2 absolute clone guitars (as in harvesting the same slabs of wood from identical parallel universes) then you have no idea if the newer type wind will suit that other guitar or not. It might be that if the winds are a bit different that the older type could be infinitely better. It could be that the older type is also better for the guitar that you have the newer type in.

Latest Threads