Newbie Question

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Fillmore I just remembered a couple more that will keep you safe and sane around here..

One of the things MLP does strive for (outside the backstage) is accuracy.

There is soooo much internet error and rumor floating around every where that many members in here actively try to discourage spreading more around.

They can come off as surly, snarky, or even downright mean sometimes if they perceive that BS is being spread...

These acronyms will help keep a layer of Teflon on your pants as you participate in forum discussions.

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly - you are stating a fact or story as best you can remember, might not be entirely true or accurate, and is not to be taken as such.

You can follow that up with an invite to others to fill in the gaps.- 'others in here may know more.'

ATM - At the Moment

FTR - For the Record

IMO - In My Opinion..... this is a big get out of sh!t free card. You cannot be lamb-basted for your opinion.

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion - the more polite version of above, shows respect to the OP who might be quite knowledgable, but lets you voice a disagreement ...

which brings us to

IME - In My Experience - combined with above makes a perfect intro into your own experience with the subject at hand.

Oh, and of course, WTF - What the F##k! for complete and utter shock and a loss of words to describe it!

Last edited:

Fillmore

Reaction score
@Fillmore I just remembered a couple more that will keep you safe and sane around here..

One of the things MLP does strive for (outside the backstage) is accuracy.

There is soooo much internet error and rumor floating around every where that many members in here actively try to discourage spreading more around.

They can come off as surly, snarky, or even downright mean sometimes if they perceive that BS is being spread...

These acronyms will help keep a layer of Teflon on your pants as you participate in forum discussions.

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly - you are stating a fact or story as best you can remember, might not be entirely true or accurate, and is not to be taken as such.

You can follow that up with an invite to others to fill in the gaps.- 'others in here may know more.'

ATM - At the Moment

FTR - For the Record

IMO - In My Opinion..... this is a big get out of sh!t free card. You cannot be lamb-basted for your opinion.

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion - the more polite version of above, shows respect to the OP who might be quite knowledgable, but lets you voice a disagreement ...

which brings us to

IME - In My Experience - combined with above makes a perfect intro into your own experience with the subject at hand.

Oh, and of course, WTF - What the F##k! for complete and utter shock and a loss of words to describe it!
Well at the beginning post I felt reasonably sane.....now not so sure:rofl:

HJF ....Holy Jumping F**k.