Newbie NGD R9

CoSG

Reaction score
This is my first post to the forum and I'm hoping you guys can help me identify an R9. For my 10 year anniversary at my job, the owner of the company surprised me with a Gibson R9 Les Paul. I was stunned! I never expected anything like that. I was the first employee at the company and we both play in bands so he wanted to do something special for me. I usually play SG's, but this Les Paul is VERY nice so maybe I'll have to start playing Les Paul's more...... :)

He bought the R9 used and the seller didn't have a lot of information about it. It came with all of the original tags and COA. I don't think the guitar has ever been played, it's in perfect condition. I tried to get details about the guitar from Gibson but they haven't been very helpful. I'm hoping you guys can help me learn more about it. Based on the serial number, it appears to be a 2011 R9. The color appears to be bourbon burst. Am I correct about the year and color? Did the 2011 R9's have anything special? This is my first reissue; is there anything I should know about Les Paul reissues?

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

integra evan

Reaction score
Wow, what a gift! Maybe I'll show this thread to my boss lol. Nice guitar, nice colors to it. What does the COA look like? They changed styles over the years.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow... this is special cause I have never seen one in this color or in a rimburst.... stunning top.... very beautiful. Congrats and welcome to MLP:applause:

PauloQS

Reaction score
That is one drool inducing guitar. There are many companies building phenomenal guitars these days, but RI's are just a thing of its own. That guitar just oozes character and its looks just begs to be played constantly.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man,now that is a great GIFT! Beautiful guitar,brother!!!!

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
One hell of a guitar, one hell of an entrance to the forum, and one hell of a boss! 2011 for sure! That’s awesome. I have been with my company 27 years and never an anniversary gift. For 30, we get a Rolex, which I have ZERO use for. Lol. I’ll show him this thread!

jb_abides

Reaction score
Super nice gesture, good to know appreciative employers exist!

Fabulous guitar! Congrats and enjoy :cheers:

jlb32

Reaction score
Killer looking guitar and gift!
Wish my company would give gifts that nice.

GT1

Reaction score
All I get is a gold swatch and a fake Crystal thing-a-mah-jiggie.

Analoga1p

Reaction score
One hell of a guitar, one hell of an entrance to the forum, and one hell of a boss! 2011 for sure! That’s awesome. I have been with my company 27 years and never an anniversary gift. For 30, we get a Rolex, which I have ZERO use for. Lol. I’ll show him this thread!
Which Rolex

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I get is a gold swatch and a fake Crystal thing-a-mah-jiggie.
Crystal thing-a-mah-jig,..... that sounds like what they give around here.... leave it in your boss’s chair so he can sit on that pointy bastard.... that’s what I’m going to do:cheers2: