Newb that’s ready for the Reissue life

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
So I’ve managed to finally have an opportunity to get a reissue.. but I’m totally out of my element.. so many beautiful tops out there.. makes my head spin.. I found a couple that I like a lot.. “royal iced tea” is the color.. it’s a 2018 model .. I’ve been a big Gibbons fan for years .. what you veterans of the reissue world suggest for an unofficial PG model.. I can’t afford an actual pearly gates reissue but.. what I’m going for is something that would instantly make ya think Gibbons when looking at it. If I’m not mistaken the original PG was cherry sunburst .. but it doesn’t look like it so much from years and years of play..I’ve been talking to a fellow forum member about reissues for some time.. it’s time to step up to one.. just so many choices .. I’ve read the 2018 year model R9 necks are exact copies of real 59s in their shape.. hell even the seller of these is probably a member here... here’s the photos of the two that really stood out to me... these are total drool fest for me... being such an expensive purchase... I wanna be as informed as I can be.. always been my nature to be if I can help it.
27185F30-F5E0-4152-B97A-3194BE1CD055.jpeg

65308CDE-94A1-4A73-A688-AA89212DB5D5.jpeg
they’re on my watch list on reverb ..and I’ll probably really inflate their view count over the next couple of days lol..

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
The first one is absolutely gorgeous .. I think I would stare at it more than play it lol .. not to take anything away from the second one .. ugh.. I wished I lived in an area where there are some readily available to play in person .. but living in the sticks of Louisiana .. it’s quite a chore..

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man, y’all need to buy BOTH!!!! :laugh2:

Seriously though, brother....good luck with yer search,so many great guitars out there!!!

Side note: I dig the 2nd one,man. Does have a bit of Pearly vibe going on.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll just have to play all of them.....

Nice guitar! the second one is my fav....

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
I really dig the uniqueness of top number one, but either would be a great score. If I'm spending YOUR money, I buy number one. Same choice if I'm spending MY money.

Good luck making your choice.

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
Is it my eyes, or do both the rim patterns not go all the way around? The second seems like it doesn't go all the way around, more than the first one. The colors are fine and bursts look nice. But, the rim pattern, especially on the second one seems incomplete.

Unless you play them and one speaks to you, I would pass and get a newer used one from '14 thru '17.

dleake

Reaction score
Second one definitely has the small "ribbon" type flame like PG. But the one from House of Guitars has more of a PG color. Good luck with your search! Often the search is the most exhilarating part of the process! :cheers:

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
It’s a bittersweet one so far... so many excellent choices lol... how many of ya have bought from Wildwood? Been a good experience ?

Latest Threads