NEW__Epiphone DC PRO

Dolebludger

Reaction score
The DC 50 is clearly a competitor to the PRS SE Custom 24, which Sweetwater has for (you guessed it ) $699! The advantages of the PRS are: Maple cap (not veneer), rosewood fret board, thiner neck (an advantage for some and not for others), and maple neck. I'm sure the DC 50 has its advantages over the PRS -- I just don't know them as I've never had one in my hands. As the Anderton's guys say, Gibson came out with the double cut, fixed neck guitar first. The 1960 Les Paul line had this design -- not SG.

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Anyone who bought one of these still watching this thread? If so, I saw one for the first time last week, in Mohave fade, and thought it was incredible. I have a few questions about them!
Peace, Keith

jmschulz73

Reaction score
I like mine --- was able to finally get it in the wild ivy. The maple top is definitely a veneer if you've watched trogly's video, but at least it's real wood veneer. i usually end up using it with my blackstart ampplug with headphones. attaching a bluetooth transmitter to it gave too much lag. the straplocks could be better and neck dive isn't too bad. It's true that the fingertips tend to go black after playing due to the stain but cleans off easily. gig bag shouldn't be hard to get to work with it but except for the genesis hard case, having difficulty finding a rectangular case that will fit it properly due to the angle on the neck.

NJDevil

Reaction score
I like it though have never been a big fan of double cuts but this looks like a work horse. The Pau Ferro FB is a bonus for me....love it on my SRV Strat. I also like the "beefier" neck. Good maple cap but never liked a veneer top but knew it had to be at this price point.

It still appears to be a good deal even if I don't care for anything made in China aside from Eastman guitars.

Latest Threads