NEW__Epiphone DC PRO

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Doe anybody know if the maple top on this thing has a real maple cap, or just a veneer?
I think if it had a maple cap Epiphone would advertise it as such. Its a big selling point. When they came out with the Tribute Plus model, I think their ad copy read "thick maple cap".

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I want to get my hands on one before I shell out any money. Really want to be sure I'll "love it". Guitar Center in my part of town may never even carry one of these in-store, so my best shot is Sam Ash in Philly.

Victek

Reaction score
I want to get my hands on one before I shell out any money. Really want to be sure I'll "love it". Guitar Center in my part of town may never even carry one of these in-store, so my best shot is Sam Ash in Philly.
What I do is order from Guitar Center with "in store pickup". That way I can unbox and play the guitar in the local store, and if there's something wrong or I just don't like it I can return it immediately. FYI they are listed on the GC site now:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I might do that, except the nearest GC is a four hour drive from here, and there are no airline flights. I have no way to get my hands on one.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
As to the 24 fret matter. I have a 1983 Hondo “Longhorn “ with a 33 fret neck, all easily accessible. But I never play up that high. But two of my fave guitars have 24 fret necks — a Carvin DC 127 and a PRS SE Orianthi (2012, so striped maple and not “sparkle”) they are 24 fret. I can play up to ft 24 on both, But nobody wants to hear me play on those frets.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
@stratcpo I just ordered one of these in Mojave. Do you happen to know if yours fits in a regular Les Paul case?

stratcpo

Reaction score
Rocco-I will check when I get home and will get back to you.

stratcpo

Reaction score
I tried the DC Pro in two LP cases and it doesn't fit because the upper horn strap button interferes with the foam lining of the case. I think making a small notch(maybe 1/4 inch) in the foam in that area would solve the interference problem.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I tried the DC Pro in two LP cases and it doesn't fit because the upper horn strap button interferes with the foam lining of the case. I think making a small notch(maybe 1/4 inch) in the foam in that area would solve the interference problem.
Thanks, dude. I'll probably just use a gig bag. I have a nice one.

stratcpo

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I use also. I knew about the hard case but I really don't need one as the gigbag works fine. ENJOY!!!

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score

Dick Banks

Reaction score
This just hit my email inbox, straight from Epiphone.
Chappers and the Capt weigh in....

Could this be "all that and a bag of chips?"

And at 13:20--the cat is out of the bag--is this Gibson-Epi "shot across the bow" at PRS?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Latest Threads