New York To Honor China's 60th Commie Anniversary

The_Sentry

Reaction score
No surprise there. New York is turning into a totalitarian state as it is.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't the Chinese OWN the Empire State Building by now?

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
The building itself is owned by W&H Properties, a partnership between the Malkin family and the late Leona Helmsley. The underlying land is owned by Empire State Building Associates, which has some 2,764 investors. Empire State Building Associates has leased the building until 2076.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Hasn't farting been also banned in New York? I heard they were working on that....

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The building itself is owned by W&H Properties, a partnership between the Malkin family and the late Leona Helmsley. The underlying land is owned by Empire State Building Associates, which has some 2,764 investors. Empire State Building Associates has leased the building until 2076.

I'm an ex NYer and quite familiar with the ESB, one of my all time favorites! I was being my sarcastic self again, (can't help it being from NY) and commenting on the fact that the Chinese are into us for a TRILLION dollars.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I'm an ex NYer and quite familiar with the ESB, one of my all time favorites! I was being my sarcastic self again, (can't help it being from NY) and commenting on the fact that the Chinese are into us for a TRILLION dollars.
I hear ya, just thought I'd post it. I think Trump had an interest in the building a few years back, and sold his piece. I may be wrong on this though.

StrangerNY

Reaction score
Oh, good. More New York bashing. That just never gets old.

- D

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score
maybe they'll have a COMMUNIST PARTY!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA (deep breath) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ha.... ha... hehh.. hooooo...

StrangerNY

Reaction score
Its tough when your at the top.... just keep remembering, it's jealousy :thumb:
Hey, people can bash away. No skin off my nose.

I do think a lot of people base their opinions of NYC on their own prejudices. New Yorkers often get accused of being snobs, so it's kind of amusing to watch the reverse snobbery from people who don't actually live here.

- D

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Oh, good. More New York bashing. That just never gets old.

- D
Yeah, I'm sure that's next on the list for laws to be passed....(along with the no farting law) :laugh2:

I do think a lot of people base their opinions of NYC on their own prejudices. New Yorkers often get accused of being snobs, so it's kind of amusing to watch the reverse snobbery from people who don't actually live here.

- D
It's not so much that IMHO as the sheer amount of laws that have been passed. I'm surprised anyone can do anything there. In fact...maybe there's a reason...NYC wants to be more like Beijing. ;) Hence the tribute...

allbusinessjoe

Reaction score
Interesting how the American capitalist country and economy is in great debt to the Chinese "Commie" economy. Kinda makes the US China's bitch.

Not that China would, (for obvious reasons) but they have the power to completely destroy the US dollar and life as we know it. China has already begun exploring options for a currency back up plan.

StrangerNY

Reaction score
It's not so much that IMHO as the sheer amount of laws that have been passed.
Such as? Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I haven't noticed any huge flurry of new laws being passed here. And I just looked out my window - no barbed wire or armed patrols on my block.

I'm surprised anyone can do anything there. In fact...maybe there's a reason...NYC wants to be more like Beijing. ;) Hence the tribute...
Okay, go ahead and take your shots. I promise not to respond in kind like a rude New Yorker.

But I will point out that you live in California, which seems to be in a lot worse shape than NY these days. :D

- D

Jason

Reaction score

- D
Ehhh I'd probably move there and give it a shot if I could afford it. Looks to be a hell of an interesting place.

Latest Threads